Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV10SR4 & IIS - Unable to open QMC

Hi,

I am currently installing QV10SR4 with IIS configuration. I have followed all the steps mentioned in the Server reference manual.

However, after successfull installation, when I try logging to the Management Console with the domain credentials, I get a message saying "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". I have the below set up

OS - Windows Server 2008

Qlikview 10 SR4

Microsoft IIS7.

Also, I am using a new webiste to host QV and not the default website.

Am I missing anything.

Please help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Figured this out with thelp of Qliktech support. This is the std way to install Qv with IIS

1. Install QV10 normally as single server full installation.

2. After successful installation, Go to services, stop QlikView Web Service and change from automatic to manual

3. Rerun the QV setup exe file, this time, select configure-> Microsoft IIS Support turned on.

4. Proceed with installation as normal.

Hope this helps anybody else facing similar problems.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
beanmachine
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi sandeepsg

I had a similar problem and it realted to the version of .NET Framework on the server.  You need to have .NET Framework 3.51 as a minimum.  It all depends on the version of Windows Server.  I think this is not the case on Windows Server 2008 SR1 but SR2 ships with 3.5.1 already installed.

Check your .NET Framework version.  If you have v3.0, you need to uninstall QV server, upgrade to v3.5.1 and then reinstall QV server.

beanmachine

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have got .Net version 4 installed.

Not applicable
Author

Figured this out with thelp of Qliktech support. This is the std way to install Qv with IIS

1. Install QV10 normally as single server full installation.

2. After successful installation, Go to services, stop QlikView Web Service and change from automatic to manual

3. Rerun the QV setup exe file, this time, select configure-> Microsoft IIS Support turned on.

4. Proceed with installation as normal.

Hope this helps anybody else facing similar problems.

Not applicable
Author

Check that. NET Framework version. If you have v3.0, you need to uninstall the QV server upgrade to v3.5.1 and reinstall the server QV. Even if you have a superior version of NET Framework installed will not work, you also have the v3.5.1.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Please note. This isn't the proper way to setup QlikView. You should be able to install QV with IIS support and not have to install the QVWS.

Please do not follow the above steps to install QlikView.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Bill, I was taken thro these steps to install by a QLIKTECH CONSULTANT. Have you tried doing this? Is there a better way??

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Sandeepsg, I have never seen the need to do the install they way you said you did it. I see no reason to do it that way and feel the consultant is wrong in having you do it that way.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Bill, Have you even tried installing the QV server the way I need it to be? we have 2 guys in my office who couldnt do it. The QlikTech consultant tried the traditional approach and he couldnt do it. I suggest you try it out doing it the normal way and if you manage to do it, post it in this thread and i will be happy to try it out.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

we have degraded your server from QV11 to QV 10

But the issue is we are unable to open the QEMC

but access point is able to view .

we have NET Framework version  V4.0.

Reply ASAP.