Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SAP Customer: How to get the best from QlikView without the connector

Hello,

Our finance department are currently rolling out PCA Reporting through QlikView without using the SAP Connector.

This is easily achieved as it's a straightforward scenario with only a few tables involved.

If you're a SAP customer with experience with QlikView, can you please tell me other areas where it's quick to get meaningful reports from SAP data without the process of rebuilding the underlying logic getting too complicated? I asked the consultant here about other SAP customers using QlikView in Australia but they couldn't name any, saying it's used more in Europe and the States?

Do you have any tips based on lessons learned or is there anything we should definitely avoid in the future?

Thanks,

Grainne

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

we do Reports with QlikView in SD, FI,CO,MM,PP for more than 2 years now. My personal experience.

1st If there are FUBAs you can use to build Z-Tables and extract these Z-Tables to simplify logic in QlikView - do it.

2nd we have an additional "Connector" called Theobald - have a look at this: http://www.theobald-software.com/en/products/xtractqv.htm - we avoid it for standard reporting, but for ad-hoc analysis it can be usefull.

3rd make small Apps in QlikView - it's not only good for convenience for users, it's also important for the performance.

kind regards

Birgit

Not applicable
Author

Hi,
is there any reason why you don't use the Theobald connector for standard-reporting? Is it not suited for that?

Do I get it right that you are using both connectors for your work? Any difficulties with that?Thanks,

Thanks,
Alex

Not applicable
Author

To explain it in detail. We've tested with this connector, when we started with QV and it worked fine, but with a mass of data not as quick as offical QV SAP Connector

and we do not use it for live System, also because

... i am not sure if it is future-proof (concerning adjustments for SAP or QV updates)

... we simply have no need, because SAP Connector works fine and we do have enoughSAP and QV knowledge.

kind regards

Birgit

suniljain
Master
Master

You can develop ABAP program to export required data from SAP. and that data qlikview can use fro reporting. for this scenario, Qlikview connector is not required.

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

if you are a SAP customer you will have the possibility to build up your own connector in JAVA with the JCO connector or .NET with the .NET connector. Therefore it is necessary that you have an access to the SAP marketplace.

Furthermore you can use the Theobald connector. We will use it in the productive enviroment together wie QV and we have good experience. With the Theobald connector it is possible to adapt the whole SAP BW Service API. That means you can use the SAP BW datasources and the business logic that is implemented and maintained by SAP. It is not necessary to know the SAP tables in detail.

Or you will extract the data via SE11/SE16 or an own SAP report, query. Or you build up a report with the SAP report painter. There are many possibilities. It depends on your requirements in detail.

Best regards!

Werner

suniljain
Master
Master

With the help of JCO. you can execute BAPI also and can use resulted data in qlikview.

suniljain
Master
Master

I will suggest to use Qlikview SAP connector instead of JCO.

Not applicable
Author

I began to export via SQVI.  I have access being in IT.  Needed to prove that data could be imported from SAP standard.    I thank you in advance for notes you have provided.