Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Regarding pie chart legend color Issue -- Urgent help plz

Hi All,

I have a pie chart in which I have calculated the legend colors in the background.. . I have grouped all the null values to a color but not sure in the chart why again null values are coming in a different color.. Actually I have grouped all the null values under ABC with my script..

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

5 Replies
jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

if you see "-" is because you still have null values! Can you post your application so we can work on the script?

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

Can you post your expression that you have used to group under abc?

Celambarasan

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I am attaching the expression that I have usedin the Scripting.. Not able to attach the sample issues due to confidentiality..

Plz let me know if u need any info..

jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

In your script I don't see anything assigning NULL values to a color. You need to add 1 more if

if(([Status])='',num(yellow())

To assign Yellow to a null value or do it at the end in an Else clause

Not applicable
Author

You are getting nulls in the "Status" dimension, becuase the expression you have used for the "Total" is including fields from a different table, and some of those field values (totalled as 271 in your case) do not have any corresponding Status.

e.g. say, if your "Total" expression is Count(Employees) then from your chart it appears that 271 employees do not have any corresponding "Status"

So it may make sense for you to just tick the "Suppress when value is Null" option of the dimension  properties.