Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Move different sheet on click of bookmark object

Hi all,

I want to add one bookmark object in my application . Through this bookmark to add some condition ,

I want to move diffrent sheet on click of the condition.

Please help any one as soon as possible

Thanks in advance

12 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

When creating your bookmark tick "Include Layout State".

Or else use a button with a Bookmark > Apply Bookmark action followed by a Layout > Activate Sheet action.

Hope this helps,

Jason

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I tried to find out solution for your problem. In bookmark condition we can't move one sheet from another sheet.

But as like Jason said we can Move one sheet from another sheet using the button and the button Action.

OR

In the Settings ---> Document Properties ---> Triggers ---> OnAnySelect Event we can add the Action to Apply Bookmark based on the BookMark Object ID. Not based on the BookMark List Values.

Regards,

Ashok

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Got to the sheet you want to move to when you apply the bookmark.  Then make your selections.  Then create the bookmark and tick "Include Layout State".  Now whenever you apply the bookmark you will be taken to the same sheet from wherever you are.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jason

You are right.

Hope this attached file will be helpful and solve his doubt

Regards

Ashok

Not applicable
Author

yes , I agree with u.

But i want same thing by bookmark which can be done by button .

Whatever U people replied i already did but its not working.

Please give me another solution.

I will be thank full to everyone

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Sorry - can you be a little clearer?  Do you want a button to apply a bookmark and move sheets?  If so, see my comment above.

Not applicable
Author

ok

i m explaining sothat it will  more clear

I have one application in which 4 sheet which names are dashboard,product,customer and bookmark.

on the bookmark sheet there is a bookmark object.in bookmark there are  2 conditions

1. product>20%

2. customer in gp%

in this application when i clicked on 1st condition i move product sheet ,when i clicked on 2nd condition i move customer sheet with message.

Same thing i want to apply in my application but i unable to find the solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

You want only to move the sheet when you select the bookmark like product>20 or customer in gp% or example you want to move the Product sheet with the associated filter (like select the filter to show the product which are coming under the below (>20) %  when you select bookmark product>20%.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Chanchal,

Bookmark is used only for the purpose of saving the selections which you want for later use. The movement of sheet is achieved through the button.

There is no way you can make bookmark object to act as a button to move to next sheet.

But there is a way to achieve this in a  different way.

Say for example. You need create two booksmarks as you said above. i.e 1 for product >20% and 2. Customer in gp%.

Now you should create two buttons with same name as your bookmark name. i.e Product > 20% and Customer in gp%. Now you have to add actions on both the buttons. lets consider you are adding action to button 1 (Product > 20%). Here add action for applying the bookmark and also add another action which will activate the product sheet. So when you click the button the bookmark will get applied and also the user will be taken to product sheet. Same way you can do for the 2nd button.

So both the things will be done in just one button click.

Hope you understood.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!