Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

LDAP Access - Member Of

Hi Folks

I have figured out how to access LDAP, however, I am having trouble getting hold of the MemberOf values, the following query

ldap_Groups:

SQL
SELECT memberOf
FROM '$(vLDAP)' WHERE objectClass='user' AND SAMAccountName='$(vUserName)';

Returns an error as shown below (always a favourite of mine when an error message states SQL Error: No Error, provides so much information!), I am suspecting that I might need to do something special with this as the contents of memberOf field is quite large.

Anybody have any clues as to what I would need to do????

Any help greatly appreciated.

51 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Has anyone solved the issue of running this in Publisher?  I run this AD app on the publisher server, signed in as the QV Server Account, and run it manually and it runs fine.   I run it through the QEMC and It runs but the AD users and groups are blank.  I have verified all the settings in the previous threads of this forum.  

Any help would be great. 

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob,

Hope you can help me, I have successfully downloaded my users and groups from our AD.

I also need the Description of Groups. I tried adding description in the load script but seems not a valid field.

Thanks.

~skip~

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You didn't say which technique you were using, Logparser or script only.

If script only, make sure you add "description" to both the LOAD and the SQL SELECT statement.

If using Logparser, make sure you've added "description" to the Logparser SQL.

-Rob

http://robwunderlich.com

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob,

Sorry for the confusion, I just realized I only added the "description" in the load and not in sql statement.

I was able to get the field properly. 

This is very helpful.   Thank you and have a Happy New Year.

~skip~

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob,

Skip again, I tried the adding the same field ("description") in the UsersTable but nothing is being pulled out from AD.

Am I using the right field for Users Description?

Do you happen to have list of available fields I can select from the AD? I tried * just to get the available fields, but seems not working.

Thank you again for any help you can extend to me.

Happy Holidays.

~skip~

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Download the free Softerra LDAP browser from http://www.softerra.com/download.htm. Use it to explore your AD and you'll find out what fields are available for the various objects (Users, Groups, etc).

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rob,

Very helpful..

~skip

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I too tried to load the description field but found out it is multi-valued. So I used the macro technique to get the data. But like others, I'm having trouble getting system access in Publisher.

-Rob

Qvmaster2019
Creator
Creator

Hi Rob,

I am having challenge with this application. It works but queries only the first 1000.

Any chance that it would query the rest through paging?

Please advise.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The workaround for the 100 row limit is to increment a where clause to get 1000 at a time. See the QV Cookbook sample "Load from Active Directory - Users and Groups." for an example.

-Rob

http://robwunderlich.com