Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dvasseur
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

CAL / Document Manager

HI,

I've just posted here http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-5281 a set of tools/QVW which will allow you to analyse CAL / doc / authorisation. Some basic info are of course available ("who has not used his CAL for 1 month ?", "How many Doc CAL does user XXX has ?", ...) but it will also be possible to find out if you have "lost" CALs (CAL allocated to deleted documents) and even to automatically delete Document CAL based on their last usage time.

I've tested CAL deletion on my side without any issue but it's still a sensitive operation so, please, test it on your dev environment before doing it on production 😉 Other operations only read data so there is no risk to break things !

Feel free to make suggestions / comments of course.

Hope you will like it!

David

21 Replies
dvasseur
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Yes, the tool is using only documented API. I won't argue here about Qlik's decision, but most probably related to "potential money loss"...

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi David,

a question on another but not-so-different-topic: any idea what happened to the QMSEDX Enhanced document page?

dvasseur
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I've deleted it. I do not want to "break the law" again... My tools won't be published on Qlik's website anymore but if you're interested/have any ideas, just send me an email !

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Ok, I respect your decision. Although I'm not sure I understand how you can "break the law" with a tool for which Qlik itself posted the source code in the Community (and which is still available although in its earliest incarnation it may not work anymore).

Do you plan to stop your excellent support of QMSEX Enhanced as well? Or do you prefer we simply post questions in the forums instead of in the comments section of the original document?

dvasseur
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

"Breaking the law" was indeed a bit ironic

If you're facing bugs / have ideas, just send me an email, I don't read the forums that much. QMSEDX is quite stable now and I don't think it will require a lot of support anyway.

The biggest part would be to port it to Qlik Sense. I've already worked on it but there is still a lot of work to be done. Moreover, I'm not sure I will make it publicly available, if Qlik wants a public and supported tool for this, they just have to code/maintain it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi David, anyone,

Is the tool posted anywhere else? No one can access https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-5281

Everyone get the error:

Unauthorized

Access to this place or content is restricted. If you think this is a mistake, please contact your administrator or the person who directed you here.

It could be nice to take a look to the Qlikview Server CAL Manager tool.

Many people may be interested in it.

Thank you

Enrique

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

As David mentioned in his forthcoming post, you can send him a PM if you're interested in the Server CAL Manager.

I don't think the tool is available for immediate download anywhere else, as that may draw the ire of Qlik all over again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

Not quite sure if Qlik has changed their opinion:

We were allowed to put "Heldendaten CAL Manager" on Qlik Market, which allows you to manage Document CALs with the official QMS APIs. I have written a Blog Post about it on blog.heldendaten.net, including the Downloadlink to a demo version.

Feel free to contact me, if you have any question.

Roland

naveenkumarchin
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi David,

I have sent you a request email for document. Please share it whenever you have time or see this message.

Thank you,

Naveen

sieechuan
Contributor II
Contributor II

Please kindly share it to me. Thanks in advance.