Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dvasseur
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

CAL / Document Manager

HI,

I've just posted here http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-5281 a set of tools/QVW which will allow you to analyse CAL / doc / authorisation. Some basic info are of course available ("who has not used his CAL for 1 month ?", "How many Doc CAL does user XXX has ?", ...) but it will also be possible to find out if you have "lost" CALs (CAL allocated to deleted documents) and even to automatically delete Document CAL based on their last usage time.

I've tested CAL deletion on my side without any issue but it's still a sensitive operation so, please, test it on your dev environment before doing it on production 😉 Other operations only read data so there is no risk to break things !

Feel free to make suggestions / comments of course.

Hope you will like it!

David

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dvasseur
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi,

Just to let you know, I've received a message from Qlik explaining that "it (the tool) gives instructions on how other users can alter the process for assigning CALS and potentially bypass some of the elements of the licensing model and payment", and thus, they decided to delete it from the community.

I've not decided what to do yet but for now if you're interested in it, you can msg me: dvasseur@excelcio.com

David

View solution in original post

21 Replies
Not applicable

Unfortunately, the link doesn't work.

Access to this place or content is restricted. If you think this is a mistake, please contact your administrator or the person who directed you here.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Maybe this document is being replaced by a new one? dvasseur may be able to tell us why the Server CAL Manager has become unavailable.

dvasseur
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi,

I don't have access to it myself, I've asked Qlik....

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I'm unable to get to that area as well.  Not good that no one contacted you about it first David.

mo_bhatti
Contributor II
Contributor II

I can't access the link either...

dvasseur
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi,

Just to let you know, I've received a message from Qlik explaining that "it (the tool) gives instructions on how other users can alter the process for assigning CALS and potentially bypass some of the elements of the licensing model and payment", and thus, they decided to delete it from the community.

I've not decided what to do yet but for now if you're interested in it, you can msg me: dvasseur@excelcio.com

David

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

They must have done some serious thinking-it-over, if it took them four years...

Thanks anyway for your effort, David. The Server CAL Manager was good for a lot of things, aside from "breaking the law". It's a pity it's gone now.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Thanks for all the effort you have put in, both to the tool itself, but also to the many people who have requested help with it's usage over the years (myself included).

Steve

KHSDM
Creator III
Creator III

Just wondering, is the tool accessing the functionality using the documented API? If yes, I don't see why Qlik need to remove it unless they remove the API (if they don't want anyone to use it) or the tool is using an undocumented API.