Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Removing the Time from Timestamp from Google Doc

I'm trying to remove the time from the Timestamp of a google doc spreadsheet. I need to get the date only for display and grouping purposes.

Anyone have an idea?

Dan

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Thanks to all for the help. Krishnamoorthy solution worked well. I'm not sure of how Google keeps timestamps but it appears to be different from the way other systems keep timestamps. Dan

Not applicable
Author

I think that we are talking about a few different things here actually. As I interpreted the original question, sith88 is looking to read only the date part of the timestamp and not the time. Reading only the time will require a different approach. However, what you in all cases need to keep in mind is that dates, times and timestamps (date + time) include both a string representation and a numeric underlying value and that this needs to be taken in account when converting these values.

A note regarding timestamp#(field[, format]), this function doesn't format the values, but actually only tells QlikView that the field is a timestamp. This applies to date#() and time#() as well.
These functions are particularly useful when reading values which are not formatted according to your standard system formatting.
You can nest them together with their formatting equivalent to convert them to your standard format instead. Example:
date(date#('2011_06_08', 'YYYY_MM_DD'))
If your system format is DD/MM/YYYY, this would return 08/06/2011.

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

Could you please provide steps or any doucument for fetching data from Google doc. Becuase I  tried but could not success . Thanks lot in advance.

Arunesh