Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Practical QlikView Dynamic Column Report Design issue

Dear Qlikview experts,

Here I have a few problems with my Dynamic Cloumn Report design in QlikView.

Please refer to the following screenshot and my source code.

error loading image

Problem 1:

How to make the selected name at point 1 to show up in point 2 as Column name, (the points1,2,3 mentioned are marked in red color on the screenshot). At point 2 the current display is the expression at point 3.

Problem 2:

After the three selections are made (marked in Green color at point 1 in the screenshot), all the rows in the report of 'Groups' are messed up due to each selection,such as Apple, Banana, Cherry, has different number of values.

error loading image

It supposes to be looking like this:

error loading image

but it is not.

[View:http://community.qlik.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/11/0647.Dyanmic_5F00_Column_5F00_QlikVeiw_5F00_Report.zip:550:0]So does any expert have any idea on how to solve the issues I mentioned above, please see my source code,

just download all the things to your desktop. It is a very practical design, I think

I love you experts in the forum as you always come with great ideas to conquer the hard challenges from Qlikview design.

Many thanks in advance.

(Special thanks to

Mr. Vlad Gutkovsky,

Consultant,

Natural Synergies, Inc.

as this design comes from your initial suggestion in my previous post 'Dynamic columns on Qlikview Report' dated on 12/04/2011)

Jim

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jim,

You should be able to set the Dimension Label for Dim1 to: =Group1

This way, when you have exactly one distinct value selected in the Group1 field, this value will form the Label for the 1st calculated dimension.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Johannes,

Thank you for your kind response. I solved that one, but I currently got another problem regrading to this qlikview report. I list it as below:

Recently I designed a Qlikview report with Dynamic columns in it. (This design comes with the Qlikview Forum expert's support.)

I finalized the report, it works fine (please refer to my source report: Dyanmic_Column_Qlikview_report.rar). but when I tried to build another same one, however it doesn't work properly (please refer to my another source report: Question.rar), and I compared the two, everything looks identical, and I could not figure out where goes wrong.

please have a look at my Qlikview source reports and the screenshot, then your experts might be easily to spot out what is wrong.

[View:http://community.qlik.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/11/2061.Dyanmic_5F00_Column_5F00_QlikVeiw_5F00_Report.rar:550:0]

[View:http://community.qlik.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/11/8838.Question.rar:550:0]

I tried hard but still could not find out what is wrong.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Jim