Please NOTE: This video was created prior to the acquisition of Expressor. Product names and licensing and certain usability aspects may have changed sine this recording however the product functionality is still applicable as portrayed in the video. Please find out more at http://www.qlik.com/us/explore/products/expressor
Video Tutorial and Sample Project
In this 17 minute QlikView Expressor tutorial, I will walk you through:
Note: The video was created prior to the acquisition.
- Connecting to Salesforce
- Creating a QlikView Expressor schemas from the Account, Contact and Case SF objects
- Modify the schemas to rename and removed un-needed attributes
- Use the Join operator to join the SF objects
- Create a new attribute with the Transform operator
- Write out the data to a QlikView (.qvx) file that can be used by the QlikView application
- Create a simple QlikView application
Please use the player controls to adjust quality settings to view the video at its highest resolution and in full screen for best results.
Download the project located in this discussion at the bottom of this thread in the attachments section.
- Download the .zip file to temp location
- DO NOT Un-zip
- In QlikView Expressor Studio - under the explorer folder tree select your workspace (top level of tree)
- Right click and select Import Projects...
- ZIP File radio button should be selected
- Browse to location where you saved the .zip file
- Click Next and select the SalesforceToQlikView.0 project and click Finish
- The project will be imported into the workspace
- Expand the project
- Open the SalesforceConnection1 artifact and put in your Salesforce credentials and token Test and save - you can get a SF development account here:
- Open the FileConnection1 artifact and change the path to point to the path where you want to save your .qvx and .txt files