We recently published QlikTech highlights from the Business Application Research Center (BARC) study titled The BI Survey 10—The Customer Verdict , published in October 2011. (Download the QlikTech summary here.) BARC gathered the information contained in this study via a survey of BI users, consultants, and vendors. The research highlights several of QlikView’s strengths compared to our peers in the "BI Giants" category.*
BARC's BI Survey 10 provides insight into why and how customers selected BI tools, what they used them for, and how successful they were. The study was based on the analysis of survey results from 2,961 respondents reporting real-world experiences―including 182 QlikTech customers and/or partners.
In The BI Survey 10, QlikView earned a top ranking in its peer group in a number of critical areas:
- Overall agility. QlikView scored highest in its peer group in delivering what BARC refers to as “Agile BI”—a style of BI that promises faster, better results.
- Implementation time. The evidence shows that it’s better to go live faster, and that QlikView provides the fastest implementations in its peer group.
- Performance satisfaction. Performance satisfaction is crucial in BI projects—and QlikView customers had the fewest complaints of any product users.
- Suitability. Customers reported that QlikView was the product in its peer group best suited to the projects it was chosen for.
- Overall business achievement. Business achievement combines business benefits and goal achievement to measure real benefits after implementation.
- Product quality. Customers reported fewer problems with QlikView than with any other product in its peer group.
- Overall quality and support. QlikView had the fewest reported problems, to rank first in product quality. QlikView also scored strongly in both vendor support and implementer support.
- Customer loyalty. For the third year in a row, QlikView ranked first in its peer group for customer loyalty.
- Intent to buy more licenses. Customers know best, and BARC considers it is a very positive sign when existing customers say they expect to purchase more licenses.
These are the opinions that matter most to us: our customers' and partners'. From start to finish, customers are having great success with QlikView. But don’t take my word for it, download your own copy of "The BARC BI Survey 10―QlikView Highlights."
* The BI Giants peer group includes companies with $200m+ annual revenues and an international reach: IBM Cognos BI, Information Builders, Microsoft SSRS, MicroStrategy, Oracle BIEE, Oracle Hyperion, QlikTech, SAP BO Web Intelligence, SAP BW BEx Suite, and SAS.