We are pleased to announce that the SAP Connector 6.1.2 Beta program is now available to our existing customers and partners!
New features in 6.1.2 version are:
- Significant performance improvement for reload times.
- The parameter RemoveThousandSeparator is not used anymore. Thousand separators are always removed before sending the data from SAP to Qlik. If the parameter is present in old scripts, it will not be used.
- New ‘wideselect’ functionality. SAP database fields with a column width exceeding 800 characters cannot be extracted by the current SQL connector. With the ‘wideselect’ functionality there is no limitation to column width. It is possible to extract one wide field column at a time together with a number of associated key fields.
- New optional parameter “SocketTimeout”, used to fine tune the timeout triggered by the first connection to the Qlik SAP Network Server. Default value is 900 (seconds). The parameter can be added to the connection string. (Example: SocketTimeout=500).
- Variables maintained in the Default Values section in BEx Query Designer are now available in the variables section in the BEx connector select window. Those variables were previously not included for use in the connector.
We encourage our customers and partners to take part in the SAP Connector 6.1.2 Beta program! To access the Beta software and report bugs or give feedback, please click here. Please read the Release Notes for all of the changes.
The beta will run until February 19th, 2016 and we kindly ask you to provide your feedback until then.
If you experience any issues accessing the beta, please email QlikBeta@qlik.com for further assistance.
We look forward to hearing your input!