Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cumulative Line Chart - Number of QlikView Users by Date - QV Server Monitor

There is a line chart in QV server monitor for number of QlikView users by day (screenshot named 'existing' attached). It gives number of users that logged on to QlikView at any given day. I want it to tweak it a little bit so that it shows total number of unique users till any particular day, something that look like screenshot attached "wanted". The expression used in the chart in server monitor is 'Count(Distinct [UserCountField])' and dimension is 'Date'. Is there any way to do this so that We can track growth in number of users? Thanks for helping.

4 Replies
rodrigo_damas
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

In "Expressions" sheet, on the object Properties, you have the option to Acumulate the Expression.

Hope it helps.

Not applicable
Author

Yes but in that case I don't get desired result. For example suppose the senerio below:

Day         Unique users existed                    Total users browsed QV

1                          15                                                  15

2                          20                                                  10     (5 new users started to use QV on this day, 15 to 20)

3                          20                                                  18     (no new users started to use QV, 20 no change)

4                          23                                                  15     (3 new users started to use QV, 20 to 23)

5                          23                                                  20     (no new users started to use 23 no change)

Right now I am having the report by Day & Total users browsed QV. If I use cumm function as you said, What I get is

Day         Total users browsed QV

1                              15

2                              15+10

3                              15+10+18

4                              15+10+18+15

5                              15+10+18+15+20

This is not what I want. I want to see how users are growing, something like this below:

Day            Unique users existed    

1                         15   

2                         20

3                         20

4                         23

5                         23

This is to know how the number of folks to browsed qlikview is growing. Any suggestions?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Siddharth, did you get the answers for this? I have the same scenario....

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

you can do this by using rank function and rangesum. I had a similar scenario that I had to deal with today and I fixed it using the aboved mentioned function.