Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Deployed Qlikview apps keeps freezing: New Sheet Object. Properties for user object.

- Current Qlikview version 10SR5.  Production server.

- Affects ALL apps deployed in production.

- Worked ok last week.

- We made no changes to prod server.   We made no changes to the apps.

- This does NOT refer to Qlikview Desktop.  

- We're using the IE Plugin client.

1.  Any attempt to add a new sheet object causes the Internet Explorer session to freeze.    You can wait many hours and it doesn't come back.

2.  Any right-clicking on an existing user object to select "properties" causes your web browser to close completely.  

* If we launch the app using the Ajax client, the app won't crash or freeze when performing the two activities enumerated above.   However, it WON'T actually PERFORM the function.     It won't do anything when you select the object you want to add.  And it won't show any properties for an existing one.

Any help/suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Isaac

4 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

I think I would upgrade to 10 SR6 and see if you are having same issue.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

I'm getting the same thing - it just started happening a couple weeks ago.  Did you ever figure out how to fix it?

Not applicable
Author

This turned out to be a cross-version compatibility problem.  Our DEV and QA servers had been upgraded to version 11 but our production server had yet to receive the upgrade.   So our users had updates their client software and it didn't work in production anymore.   The issue went away a week later when we upgraded production to version 11.

Hope that helps.

Isaac

Not applicable
Author

So my problem turned out to be that I downloaded v11 desktop and our server is on v10.  Not sure how those are interacting, but I uninstalled v11 desktop and loaded v10 desktop and it works fine now.