Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swuehl
MVP
MVP

How to remove Publisher license

Hi all,

I just upgraded a QV9 installation (single machine, QVWS, Publisher) successfully to QV11Sr2.

My customer now wants to remove the Publisher license (for use on another server, different location), because Publisher functionality is not really needed at this site.

What would be the best approach to remove the Publisher license from the system? Just deinstalling QDS service? Any chance to migrate some reload tasks down to the QVS reload scheduler (losing of course the publisher only features)?

Regards,

Stefan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Stefan,

There is no backward steps here. You need to uninstall QlikView and cleanup the directorys and reinstall.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Stefan,

There is no backward steps here. You need to uninstall QlikView and cleanup the directorys and reinstall.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
swuehl
MVP
MVP
Author

Thanks Bill,

I found some other threads in the meantime that proposed some hacks to remove the publisher, but none of them seemed to be clean enough. So I just followed your advice and reconfigured the server tasks.

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable

Hi,

it's possible to remove the Publisher licence by deleting the REGINFO.TXT located in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService

/olli