Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Adding percentages to a Pivot Table in QlikView

Hi,

I was wondering if any one would be able to help me.  I've created a Pivot Table within QlikView.  Is it possible to also add percentages within this table too?

I've attached an example.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Rajiv.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

I've manage to figure out how to do this.

I created one expression which was count([Reference Number]) and this was my value at the top.

Then I created a second expression which was count(TOTAL <[Month Year]> [Reference Number]) and set this as a % and it worked.

Thanks all your assistance.

Rajiv.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

On your chart properties there is a number tab, selecting "Number, Integer & Fixed to" will activate the "Show in Percent" radio button.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for responding.  I need it displayed as how it appears on the image I attached.

I need both the value and percentage.

Rajiv.

Not applicable
Author

yes it is possible, you ad percentages as columns just as felim is explaining.

Be sure that when you calculate the percentage you want to display, it must be a value between 0 and 1, if your result is for example 100 and then you activate show in percent, 10000% will be displayed.

best.

Not applicable
Author

Ok if you want to look exactly in that order, the value on top of the percentage, I believe you might have to create another dimension in your script for that field, and in the script instead of keeping the original value, transform it directly to its percentage value, then add this new "field" in the dimensions and with this both dimensions you will see values and percentages

for example, if you have your ValueField,

in your script you might have something like

Load

ValueField,

(transform to % here) as PercentageField,

--etc.

Then add both dimensions to your table and it should work

Not applicable
Author

Something like this

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nick,

Thanks for sending this across.  I'm unable to open this attachment as I am working from the Personal Edition.  Is it possible to send the coding/script that is contained within that file?

Many thanks for your help.

Rajiv.

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

see the attacheed file

its created using personal edition

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for sending this.  I cannot open any one else qvw files as I have exceeded the the limit.  Are you able to send script or any screen shots?

Thanks.

Rajiv.

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

take a pivot table

use first formula in expression

and

second expression

go to number select second expression and select fixed to 2 and also select show in percentage

repeat for all metrics you want

hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan