Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView crashes on selecting Oracle schema

I am trying to connect to an Oracle database using the ODBC connector. I have a data source setup that successfully connects to an Oracle database as a particular user. I can connect to the ODBC connection but when I go to "Select" the table, I choose the desired schema (to which the user has permission) and QlikView crashes with the error "An unhandled win32 exception occurred in Qv.exe [4488]". It looks like it manages to see one table and starts to populate the table list but then crashes.

The exception appears to be "Unhandled exception at 0x7c94487f in Qv.exe: 0xC0150010: The activation context being deactivated is not active for the current thread of execution."

I am getting this from version 11.00.11149.0 IR and it happens every time I try to select a table from this schema. I can view other schemas but this one causes QlikView to crash.

8 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I assume that you are using 32-bit QlikView with a 32-bit ODBC.  I wonder if the same thing happens with the 64-bit QlikView with a 64-bit or if the same happens in QlikView v10.  Either way, it sounds like you have a bug that you need to report to support.

Karl

Not applicable
Author

Please check your ODBC driver if is 32 bit or 64 bit and what you are using to connect to the database. If your ODBC driver is 32 bit and your system is 64 bit, you will need to check the box in QlikView to force to use 32 bit.

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Latest version I have is 11.00.11154, maybe you can try this..

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

I'm using 32-bit ODBC drivers on a 32-bit laptop (QlikView Personal Edition) running XP. After playing with this a few more times, (and installing the latest version 11154), the crash appears to happen on pretty much every schema and every table (I think there was one table that I was actually able to select). Sometimes, it crashes when I select the schema, sometimes it will enumerate the tables in the schema but crashes when I select a specific table. I've tried using the force 32-bit setting which should be unnecessary and, not surprisingly, I get the same behavior

I would submit a problem report but, since I'm using Personal Edition, I'm not able to. Unfortunately, unless I can verify that QlikView will do what I want,I don't want to shell out for a full version - which I have no expectation would behave any differently.

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Have you installed the latest Oracle client?

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

I have now. I was using Oracle 10.2 but have updated to Oracle 11.2 client installation. Exactly the same behavior. I even double checked the driver info from the Select dialog and it says SQL_DRIVER_VER    11.02.0002.

rbecher
MVP
MVP

BTW I prefer to use Oracle's SqlDeveloper to write and test my select statements. And then just copy the SQL code..

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

I had the same problem and 'fixed' by using ole db connection instead of ODBC....