• 149,740 Solutions
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Welcome to Qlik Community

Recent Discussions

• forum

New to Qlik Analytics

URL expression with Dimension Variable in Script Variable

In URL/Expression window I have this (simplified url) and this works   ='http://mycompany.net/jump.ashx?employeeId=' & [Employee Id]   I’m going to us... Show More

In URL/Expression window I have this (simplified url) and this works

='http://mycompany.net/jump.ashx?employeeId=' & [Employee Id]

I’m going to use this in 10+ places so like to put this in a Script variable

Cannot figure out the syntax for referencing the dimension in a script variable, so I created a script variable for the dimension, Employee Id

In Script

vEmpId ='[Employee Id]';

in the URL/Expression Window, the variable works

='http://mycompany.net/jump.ashx?employeeId=' & $(vEmpId)

But when I tried to put that statement into the script format and I cannot figure out how to do it

varURL = ='http://mycompany.net/jump.ashx?employeeId=' & '$'&' (vEmpId);

varURL = ='http://mycompany.net/jump.ashx?employeeId=' &  chr(36) & (vEmpId);

Surprisingly I am getting a lot of

JWTA_0-1715101355098.png

Thanks in advance

Show Less
  • forum

New to Qlik Analytics

Data disappears after applying section access

I have a data model including two data sources (SAP & Salesforce) - please see the attachment. SECURITYKEY is in SAP table. After applying section acc... Show More

I have a data model including two data sources (SAP & Salesforce) - please see the attachment. SECURITYKEY is in SAP table. After applying section access, some data rows from Salesforce table disappear. How can this be fixed?

Show Less
  • forum

Qlik Cloud Data Integration

Hi All! Is it possible to combine Direct Query with QVD files in real time?

Hi All! Is it possible to combine Direct Query with QVD files in real time?
  • forum

Qlik NPrinting

NPrinting Engine Offline and RabbitMQ Error

Hi, All, Our NPrinting DEV server (May 2023 IR) has been running well for months. But yesterday I noticed its engine status is offline. Meanwhile, a t... Show More

Hi, All,

Our NPrinting DEV server (May 2023 IR) has been running well for months. But yesterday I noticed its engine status is offline. Meanwhile, a task hangs (with 'Running' status) there forever.

So far I have checked/done the following but they do not help:
    . All NPrintng services are running.
    . I have rebooted the server a couple of times.

I found this error in engine.log and scheduler.log: RabbitMq service is not connected - trying again in 60 seconds. ERROR: RabbitMQ.Client.Exceptions.BrokerUnreachableException: None of the specified endpoints were reachable

I followed the instruction in this link (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/Troubleshooting/Qlik-NPrinting-Messaging-Service-startup-connection-problems.htm) and executed ''rabbitmqctl.bat status' command, it gave me error saying I need to run 'rabbitmqctl start_app' command first. So I ran that 'rabbitmqctl start_app' command. It only displayed a message 'Starting node xxxxx...' and then returned. But the problem remains.

I have submitted Qlik support ticket. Just want to seek advice from the community while I am waiting.

Thanks

Show Less
  • forum

New to Qlik Analytics

Getting Last Year Sales based on Last Year Date

Hello all, I'm facing a challenge getting last year sales based on a last year date we have, I have to use this date for comparison so I can't use the... Show More

Hello all,

I'm facing a challenge getting last year sales based on a last year date we have, I have to use this date for comparison so I can't use the AddYear() or any of the system functions because of some special cases that require this logic. Basically I have my table below, and I want to write an expression for a master item (Sales LY). I've simplified the question in the below table.

Date Date LY Sales Sales LY
    27/04/2024 29/04/2023 1,000 ?
    26/04/2024 28/04/2023 2,340 ?
    25/04/2024 27/04/2023 1,291 ?
    24/04/2024 26/04/2023 3,382 ?
    23/04/2024 25/04/2023 3,928 ?
    | | | |
    | | | |
    29/04/2023 30/04/2022 1,283 ?
    28/04/2023 29/04/2022 3,728 ?
    27/04/2023 28/04/2022 1,827 ?
    26/04/2023 27/04/2022 3,827 ?
    25/04/2023 26/04/2022 7,482 ?

if I put this master item in a table with the 3 already provided columns, the orange numbers would populate the question marks.

Appreciate your support 🙂

Show Less
  • Data and Metadata Governance

Can't Rename Column in Dynamic When Using SnowflakeInput

Hi,   We are dynamicly renaming the columns of a tDBInput. Up to now it has been a mysql where we got our data from but we have decided to move to Sno... Show More

Hi,

We are dynamicly renaming the columns of a tDBInput. Up to now it has been a mysql where we got our data from but we have decided to move to Snowflake but when we exchange the tDBInput (mysql) to tDBInput (snowflake) the same code fails with an index outOfBounds exception where the index is -1 in an array with the length of the number of columns. After doing a java debug and stepping through the code i saw that for some reason the snowflakeInput requires the columnnames to always stay the same because for some reason it trys to look at the metadata of the first dynamic row while loading the second so the job fails after the first row. This is also true when using the jdbc connector directly via tJDBCInput

The isolated job setup looks like this:

tDBInput(Snowflake)(schema: resultset -Dynamic) ->  tJavaFlex -> tLogRow

Pseudo Code in tJavaFlex (Main):

for(Columns in resultset){

if(columName starts with "H_"){

rename columnName so it Starts with HS instead;

}

}

As i said using any other tDBInput (oracle or mysql) this setup works, same code but with snowflake as the input the job explodes. Why is that and is there a workaround? (Talend Version we are using is 7.x)

Show Less
  • forum

Integration, Extension & APIs

How to use data-get-access-token variable

Hi, In the example of getting the impersonation access token data-get-access-token is associated with the function that fetches the access token.If I ... Show More

Hi,

In the example of getting the impersonation access token data-get-access-token is associated with the function that fetches the access token.
    If I already have the access token because I fetched it earlier, how would I format it so that it fits the variable or if I have to, set it in the function getAccessToken()?

Show Less
  • forum

Qlik Cloud Data Integration

Não consigo adicionar algumas tabelas no Qlik Cloud.

Oi galera. Integrei uma base de dados My SQL de um servidor local no Qlik Cloud.Algumas tabelas consigo adicionar pelo Gerenciador de dados em outros ... Show More

Oi galera.

Integrei uma base de dados My SQL de um servidor local no Qlik Cloud.

Algumas tabelas consigo adicionar pelo Gerenciador de dados em outros casos aparecem a mensagem de que os dados não podem ser adicionados.

Eu acho que pode ser Timeout.

Alguém já passou por isso? Podem me dar algumas dicas, sou novato no Qlik.

Show Less
  • forum

New to Qlik Analytics

Select --- Same Tab Selection in Container

Team,   I developed 2 container in which there is a  4 separate tab common in both container. Now the request is  if i selected New user tab in First ... Show More

Team,

I developed 2 container in which there is a  4 separate tab common in both container.

Now the request is  if i selected New user tab in First Container it should select New User tab in Second Container.

Is it possible to implement, If Yes can i get some help on this.

Thanks

Farsana

Farsana_1-1715100465088.png

Show Less
  • forum

New to Qlik Analytics

Buttons issue

Hello all, I am posting this relatable question many times but didn't get correct answer till now I have 4 different columns I created 4 different fil... Show More

Hello all,

I am posting this relatable question many times but didn't get correct answer till now

I have 4 different columns

I created 4 different filter panes with one column each

Now I need to create a button when I click on that button all the values in 4 filter panes has to be selected at a time 

Please help anyone.

Thanks

Show Less
Leaderboard

Customer Story

Qlik Data Integration & Qlik Replicate story

Qlik enables a frictionless migration to AWS cloud by Empresas SB, a group of Chilean health and beauty retail companies employing 10,000 people with 600 points of sale.

Customer Story

Building a Collaborative Analytics Space

Qlik Luminary Stephanie Robinson of JBS USA, the US arm of the global food company employing 70,000 in the US, and over 270,000 people worldwide.

Location and Language Groups

Choose a Group

Join one of our Location and Language groups. Find one that suits you today!

Collaborate

Healthcare User Group

Healthcare User Group

A private group is for healthcare organizations, partners, and Qlik healthcare staff to collaborate and share insights..

All are welcome

Japan Group

Japan

Qlik Communityの日本語のグループです。 Qlik製品に関する日本語資料のダウンロードや質問を日本語で投稿することができます。

Request to join

Brasil Group

Brazil

Welcome to the group for Brazil users. .All discussions will be in Portuguese.

open to all

Blogs

Community News

Hear from your Community team as they tell you about updates to the Qlik Community Platform and more!