Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Image as dimension

Hi,

Is there any way to display image as dimension?.

Please let me know if it is possible.

Regards,

kush

12 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

No, I don't think so, but maybe I just don't understand your request. What do you want to achieve with this image, could you give an example?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Please find the attched qvw file for reference

Regards,

Kush

sridhar240784
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

You connot have image as a dimension. One work around would be loading the table using bundle info load and using the field in expression with info().

Have a look at the attached application.

-Sridhar

Not applicable
Author

Hi sridhar,

Thanx for the rpl.

Can I achieve same thing in bubble chart?

Regards,

Kush

sridhar240784
Creator III
Creator III

Could you pls give us the exmple for better understanding of your problem.

-Sridhar

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sridhar,

Please find the bubble char example.. I need the image at the place of A, B, C, D

Regards,

Kush

Not applicable
Author

I'm a Personal edition user so I cannot open the QVW file. Could you explain the solution for me.

What I'd like to do is have an icon displayed as a dimension in a table, so that if one cell displays a country I could have the adjecent cell display the flag for that country.

Is it possible to acces the BUNDLED/BulitIn location available in the expression editor..if the images could be placed in this location then maybe they could be selected...but I suspect the images available with this option are internal to the application and not stored locally.

Not applicable
Author

Its easy to create an expression that displays an image so is there was some way to order the expressions using the promote/demote like you can with the dimensions...I can't see a way to do this either though.

Is there some reason why you cannot change the order of the expressions in a chart table.

Not applicable
Author

I discovered this last night...you can create an dimension that displays an image.

Create a calculated dimension

Set the value to the location of the image

Using the ADVANCED button you can change the representation to Image rather than type.

Hope this helps