Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Section Access -Sort order changes for few users

Hi All,

I have a chart whose dimentions are sorted using an expression.

We have implemented section access in this report at script level.

The sorting order of the chart is getting chaged for few users and not for all.

I am not able to figure out why the sorting order is getting changed only to few users.

Thanks in Advance!

Laxmi

5 Replies
avinashelite

Hi Laxmi,

Does the sorting expression has any link with user table which is getting used in section access????

And check one more thing that have you provide the access for the user to sort according to their wish, may be they have selected  a different order.

marcus_sommer

Because section access by some users are none or less data available which could change the sort-order. Also possible is that the sort-expression by some user is not valid (any null or error results - maybe divide through 0) and qv will then use the default-order - you will therefore need some checks with if-loops or alt() or rangesum() or ...

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Avinash,

Sorting expression is no where related to users table which is used in the section access.

And I have not provided the access for users to sort the values.

And the expression used to sort is a single filed name.

Laxmi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus,

I am not using if, alt() , rangesum() or any other function in the expression to sort the values.

My sort expression has a filed name.

If none or less data available for the users is the issue, what would be the better solution for this?

Laxmi

marcus_sommer

It meant these main-logic:

If(YourSortExpression = Invalid, OtherSortExpression, YourSortExpression)

But it is possible that's unable to create a sort-expression which is the same for all users then you could only use default sort-options like numeric, alpha-numeric.

- Marcus