Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is R integration possible with Qlik Sense ?

Is R integration possible with Qlik Sense ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello - Yes,

Please see send and email to  insight@qlik.com to get Access to the Advanced Analytics Forum to get started and learn more.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello - Yes,

Please see send and email to  insight@qlik.com to get Access to the Advanced Analytics Forum to get started and learn more.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Can somebody from Qlik please comment at a high-level what is being planned in terms of R Integration? A blog post would be great.

Getting access to the aforementioned forum requires an NDA EULA so no participants can comment on what's there until it's released.

So would it not be more correct to say that the current version of Qlik Sense does not feature first-class R Integration, but some support is planned in the next (major?) release?

Thanks.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Chris - yes you are correct, it is in beta at the moment and planned for the next release available early next year, subject to change of course. I will see if I can get some of our guest bloggers to provide additional insight and experiences on this topic.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Michael.  I'm looking forward to hearing more on this exciting new functionality.

cotiso_hanganu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Michael,

Do you have any news on this matter in 2017 ?

I've read the 2017 Qlik statement of Direction, and I've felt there are some hopes on this matter...

Tx

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for pointing out the 2017 statement of direction Cotiso.  Here's where R/Python is mentioned (emphasis mine)

Our strategy for analytics in Qlik Sense extends into 2017 and beyond with planned capabilities focused on enhanced visualization, exploration and search, new forms of interactivity, comparative and predictive analysis, more flexible layout and customization, and new collaborative and mobile capabilities. We intend to offer new types of visualizations such as box plots, candlestick charts, distribution plots, waterfall charts, Sankey charts, and Gantt charts. We also plan to make improvements to the functionality and interactive behavior of visualizations and objects, such as providing ad-hoc grouping and binning, trellis charts, brushing and highlighting for comparative analysis, trend lines and forecasting, and a new calendar selection object. Our search capabilities will evolve to support capabilities such as search history, natural language search, self-service search — allowing content creation on the fly through search, and search from the hub and app overview across all objects. Based on our Qlik GeoAnalytics technology, we plan to make a number of geospatial and mapping improvements, such as supporting shapes, drill down, multi-layer maps, increased data density, and street level geocoding. And we are planning API support for integration with third party calculation engines such as R and Python, themes and app styling for adding company logos and using custom colors, advanced set analysis and comparative analysis with multiple states, custom calendars, and multi-language support.

Obviously this did not make it into the 3.2 release, which means that the earliest that this would be generally available is with 4.0 in the June timeframe.

It's disappointing that we haven't publicly heard anything from Qlik about how exactly they expect his will work.  You could, of course, talk to your Qlik rep and get access to the private beta site, but then you have to promise not to talk about it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Very bad Qlik Teck. Someone of Qlik Teck company told me that this new features would be present in 3.2/3.3 release (beginning of 2017).

The new extension, Advanced Analytics Extensions, it doesn't work very well. So, it was very important to add this new features early.

The other player, they already have.

Thanks for your explanation Chris Scott.

Regards,

Pedro Lopes

qliktech_support‌

to qliksense‌

advanced analytics extension‌

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Guys - I have informed the Product Insights team - about your concerns, just FYI.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Same disappointment here,

we were full of expectation to the release 3.2, since R was also mentioned here Learn What's New in Qlik Sense 3.1 . Unfortunately the 3.2 feature release is very poor. No really needed new features are added. Qlik Seems to know that, as they announced it really quite without any big "whats new in 3.2 articles".

It is a pity.