Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Unable to locate users in QMC

Hi i am trying to adding users to my documents however i am not able to find my users anymore.

So i cannot locate my users added to min Windows server. I can locate the custom made users.

'can anyone help?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi

You must configure your local directory in order to add users to Qlikview application.

Please find the file attached.

Hope it helped.

Regards

ASHFAQ

View solution in original post

9 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

In order to search or locate users from your server you need to Setup Active Directory or Local Directory.

Go to QMC-->System tab --> Qliview directory service connector--> Setup your local directory or Active directory as required.

Sometimes you need to restart qlikview services too.

now while distributing search your users.

hope it helps

Regards

ASHFAQ

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Or, check if the account (the one is used to configure AD or so) password is expired/changed. If so, you might have to reset the password in qvs as well.

Not applicable
Author

Hi!

Normally I just add the user to windows server and then I can find him in qlikview when trying to assign to a document.

But now I cant.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Check the username and password in your directory service.

did you get any sort of red mark?

if yes, Please enter new password.

Hope it help

Regards

ASHFAQ

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

A few more details about your Windows environment will help us help you.

You are not using AD?

No passwords have expired? First check the account passwords in all DSC configuration lines

You have (RDP) access to the machine on which QVS is running?

Not applicable
Author

I have not added any users in the directory service - I never needed to do so. It can automatically find my users if I search under local directory without adding them in QMC

Not applicable
Author

No AD - All Users are set to never expire.

Yes I have RDP.

It have worked fine before. I added users two weeks ago.

The only thing I do is:

1. Add a users to windows

2. Go to Documents in QMC, and find the users in local directory by searching with *

3. Then all normally works fine.

4. If I add the user manually to the document by typing servername\username it works

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi

You must configure your local directory in order to add users to Qlikview application.

Please find the file attached.

Hope it helped.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

I find this very werid! I have setup this before and have had access to all my users. Now I did a retry by deleting and adding the user. This worked. Thank you