Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

changing the path of the source document

Dears

I'm working on Qlikview 11.2 SR5

QlikView server has publisher installed

I already created tasks on the documents that we have

Now it was decided to change the path of the source document and I know this can be changed from System-> distribution service -> Genral

but does this has any effect on the created tasks?

will they continue to work?

if yes then there is one more thing now all this configuration is made on the test QlikView server

how can I copy all the created tasks to the live server?

Please advise

I can walk on water when it freezes
3 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

The attach image should help you.

bb.png

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

Dear Bill

I know this

I was asking if the tasks still continue to run successfully

and what happens if I want to move the configuration to the live server

I can walk on water when it freezes
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Ali,

I am sorry I didn't read you post all the way. I have moved the source folder and everything has continue to work. So, I don't think you will have an issue. Also, being you have a test server I would try it their first.

When I do it I go ahead and copy all the document to the new location first. Stop the distribution service first.

To move task between servers, you can use the Remote Management services in the QMC >>System>>Setup. The only problem with this if you have multiple event trigger it will not move them over.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.