Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
Katie_Davis
Digital Support
Digital Support

Beginning with the May 2024 release, Qlik Sense Enterprise Client-Managed will release two major releases a year (May and November). 

This adjustment aligns our release cycle with the preferred cadence of our customers, enhancing communication around our major releases. Qlik continues to add new functionality to Qlik Sense Client-Managed versions following their initial release to the cloud.  As always, we will continue to deliver patches as needed under our Release Management Policy.  

We look forward to helping you optimize your release experience. Be sure to follow the release notes area in Qlik Community and review our updated policy.

5 Comments
hugo_andrade
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi!
My first reaction is that these two releases might be too distant from another. But hopefully this change simply translates into more meaningful upgrades each time we are pushing new software to the servers.

Looking forward for the May release!

PedroC
Contributor II
Contributor II

Preferred cadence of customers?

Who prefers two updates a year instead of having the chance to update up to six times a year?

Cloud customers will be delivered with features that will last months to come up on-premise...

Looks more like a strategy to push On-premise customers to the cloud, isn't it?

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @PedroC 

Thank you for reaching out! 

This decision was based on the interest of our customers and historical data. Our customers typically upgrade no more than a couple of times a year, and our new release cadence aims to align with this behavior, as well as with the expectations of our customers.

Furthermore, this allows Qlik to focus more on capabilities and quality, rather than on packaging and deployment. Cloud development is faster as a rule, and features added to the Cloud are not always added to client-managed due to the nature of the capability and the underlying architecture.  

All the best,
Sonja 

PedroC
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi @Sonja_Bauernfeind 

I understand it's best for Qlik, but it can't be good for customers. 

For instance, I'm expecting to have cyclic groups back from QlikView to Sense in the next release (as it's been notified by Qlik) but, if Qlik can't reach to have it delivered on may'24, we will have to wait until november.

No good for me...

Best regards

Pedro

fmarvnnt
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I like and appreciate if it will be realized:  "[..]Qlik to focus more on capabilities and quality".

FMa