Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT

Cannot open app Reload in progress

markp201
Creator III
Creator III

Cannot open app Reload in progress

In qlikview, I can stop ANY reload in progress via debug mode, cancel button, QMC, etc.

Qliksense NEEDS this feature.  It's pretty tiresome to have to restart the engine, or worse having to use the API.

Give a cancel/abort button or when using the load editor, create a task I can easily cancel.

We upgraded qliksense recently and its sad to see the product lagging in simple features

7 Comments
mrdoanvu
Contributor II
Contributor II

we run in the same case as yours. There' no other than the Close button and it fails to open the app.

Even I try to open without data, the same error appears. Quite frustrated with this error.

To work around,  i use one of the following ways  by order:

1. sign out, sign in back, then try to open the app

2. restart the Qlik Proxy service

3. restart the Qlik Engine service

4. (last choice) restart the Qlik server (we have only one node).

We've already upgrade our Qlik Sense Enterprise to the current version so far, May-2021.

Meghann_MacDonald

Hi all, the abort option is available in the Data Load Editor and Data Manager for Qlik Sense.

Meghann

Status changed to: Closed - Already Available
Tamarah
Contributor III
Contributor III

I ran into the same issue... 

In my case I was reloading an app from de Data Load Editor and I lost my VPN connection to the server.

After connecting again I wanted to open the app and there it was .... 'There is an error, App reloading [Close]' After closing the error message the app stays in the reloading data modus.

So the abort option in the Data Load Editor or the Data Manager is no solution for this pratical issue. Restarting the services is an option... but there are other users active in our Qlik environment and restarting services is not something you want to do during office hours with a few users logged in.

So I think it would be a great feature to be able to abort these kind of manual reload tasks in the QMC.

So i don't think this option is already available and I would like to see this idea re-opend so I can give it a vote! 

Meghann_MacDonald

Opening up to focus on the addition of a abort task native in the editor and/or in QMC tasks

Status changed to: Open - New
Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived