cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sergsyb
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Replicate opens 4 connections to the target

Qlik Replicate opens 4 connections to the target. I know why 2 of them are used.
1 connection is used for appling changes, the second connection is used to get meta data of tables from target.
But why 2 rest connections are established to the target, I do not understand. Monitoring shows that nothing goes through them.
If versioned DBMS is using (Sybase IQ in our case) it is very important that there are no such idle connections, because they lock deleting old versions , and it may lead to run out of space.

Please tell me why 2 more connections are connected to the Target? Is it possible to kill them so they don't accumulate versions??

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Steinagle
Support
Support

Hello,

Thank you for the post to the QDI Forums. Please find below the threads for a given Replicate Task. Hope this information is helpful.  This is the general information for a Task and the connections that are opened either there is one Active and others in Idle state.

o   Full Load:

1 connection for metadata

1 connection for unloading the data – for each table being loaded concurrently

1 connection for LOB read

o   CDC:

1 connection for metadata (same connection used during full load)

1 connection for the merger

1 connection for the log reader – one per RAC thread/node for Oracle in non-ASM, one connection for all other DBs

1 connection for LOB read – connection is opened if LOB support is enabled (Limited or Full) although, isn’t required in limited LOB mode…

• At design time – Replicate opens a connection during table selection or while testing an endpoint connection – those connections should get released when finished

Bill

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Bill_Steinagle
Support
Support

Hello,

Thank you for the post to the QDI Forums. Please find below the threads for a given Replicate Task. Hope this information is helpful.  This is the general information for a Task and the connections that are opened either there is one Active and others in Idle state.

o   Full Load:

1 connection for metadata

1 connection for unloading the data – for each table being loaded concurrently

1 connection for LOB read

o   CDC:

1 connection for metadata (same connection used during full load)

1 connection for the merger

1 connection for the log reader – one per RAC thread/node for Oracle in non-ASM, one connection for all other DBs

1 connection for LOB read – connection is opened if LOB support is enabled (Limited or Full) although, isn’t required in limited LOB mode…

• At design time – Replicate opens a connection during table selection or while testing an endpoint connection – those connections should get released when finished

Bill

ramu123
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi  ,

Thanks for the Info but for my Qlik replicate 5 connections are openedat source side(showing sleelping mode in SQL server), could you please help me how to know what are the 5 sleeping connections.

ramu123_0-1713283337000.png

Thanks

Ramu.

Bill_Steinagle
Support
Support

@ramu123 

Thank you for the reply. These are normal as noted from the update to the original post as these will show for each Task connecting to your Source with the one Active connection and may have 2 Active connections if a Full Load is running with CDC Task. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Bill

ramu123
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi  ,

Thank you very much for you're reply but here is there any way to know which exactly those 5 connections?

because of we are troubleshooting source database timeout errors.Could you please help on this?

Thanks

Ramu

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello Ramu, @ramu123 

The number of connections can a bit vary across different databases. You can query and monitor the current or last executed query by each connection in the database. Sharing the specific type of database will enable us to provide more precise information.

Hope this helps.

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
ramu123
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thanks John and I'll check.