Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dineshkumarl
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlik Replicate Role unavailable in Windows Failover cluster manager

Hi All,

We have 2 node windows cluster and Qlik replicate installed on each.

While configuring services, at step2:

Step 2: Add the Qlik Replicate services #Step 2: Add the Qlik Replicate services | Qlik Replicate He...

I do not see any roles listed. Hence, I created a empty role and attached Qlik Replicate UI server and Attunity Replicate server to the empty role labeled as (QR_Services)

while performing step3 to add the dependencies for storage and network name, I do not them listed in the drop down as mentioned in the document:

Step 3: Define the dependencies for each service #Step 3: Define the dependencies for each service |...

I haven't missed any steps in the document. The user I am using the is the administrator using which we created the Windows Failover cluster, I have also tried created another user and granting permissions to it through AD/domain controller. However, I am still unable to find the issue here.

Kindly assist.  

Labels (4)
7 Replies
SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello team,

It seems that you are not following the instruction correctly. Theses options are visible on the Cluster Manager console not on the Qlik replicate console.

Regards,

Sushil Kumar

dineshkumarl
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Sushil,

I am performing the above steps in Windows Failover cluster and unable to locate the mentioned dependencies in it. 

Steve_Nguyen
Support
Support

@dineshkumarl 

1. i think that you do not have your cluster role set in the first place.

2. the reason is that if role was already setup, it would have your storage, and client name/ ipaddress

3. with the role already setup, that is how you would fail over to install replicate on the share storage

and able to add services as in the user guide.

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
dineshkumarl
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hello Steve,

After setting up the Windows Failover cluster, I didn't see any roles configured already.

Am I missing anything here? Kindly share any reference docs if available.

Thanks

Steve_Nguyen
Support
Support

These are not in user guide, but your cluster should have a role that you define so that Replicate service can be setup to use the role.

Create a Failover Cluster and a Service to Use in Your Environment

Carry out this procedure for as many services that you are using.

The first thing you should do is to create a failover cluster that defines the servers or
nodes that are included in your cluster environment.

You must also create a service to
manage the Attunity Replicate application and services.

To create a failover cluster and a service
1. Right-click the highest node called Failover Cluster Manager and select Create a
Cluster. Follow the directions in the Create Cluster wizard to create a cluster.
2. Expand the cluster you are working with.
3. Right-Click Services and applications and point to More Actions, then select
Create Empty Service or Application. Follow the directions in the Wizard to
create a new service. If you need additional information on how to create a new
service, see the Microsoft documentation.
4. Right-click the service that you created and select Properties. In the Name field,
change the default name to a name that you want to use for this service. The name
should have a relevant meaning so you can remember it in the future.
Note: If necessary, you can carry out any of the options in the menu displayed
when you right-click the service.

Add Storage

You must define the disk that you use for storage. Use the storage to hold all of the
information in the Attunity Replicate data folder.
To add storage
1. Right-click the Storage node and select Add a Disk. This disk will contain the data
in the data folder. The data folder is located in the root folder where Attunity
Replicate is installed. This disk is bound to the Replicate Services. This means that
in case of failover, this disk will be moved to the another cluster running the
Attunity Replicate Services.
2. On the Storage node, you can add the new disk to the failover cluster.
3. Right-Click one of the services in the cluster and select Add Storage. Then select
the new disk to add this disk to the cluster you are working with.
Note: Make sure that there is a disk available on the server where you are adding the
disk. Also, to ensure that the system recognizes the disk, make sure that the storage
configuration for the disk is correct. The disk you want to use must be configured as a
basic disk, not a dynamic disk. For more information, see the Microsoft online help.

Define Client Access

A network name must be added so you can access this service from other machines
using the Network Name.

To define client access
1. Right-click one of the services that you created and point to Add a resource then
select Client Access Point. The services are sub-nodes of Services and
applications.
2. Follow the directions in the New Resource Wizard to set the Network Name. The
network name must be the same as the service.
You set the name on the first page (Client Access Point) of the wizard.

===

Then Install Attunity Replicate, using the cluster install guide.

hope it help with your cluster role setup.

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
dineshkumarl
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you for the information. We have followed and performed the same steps which you have mentioned above. 

However, as I mentioned, I do not have an option to add Storage and Network name as dependency for my role which I have created.

Thanks

Steve_Nguyen
Support
Support

@dineshkumarl this is outside of Replicate setup, you would need to contact our windows Administrator to check on your Cluster configuration / setup.