cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zacker20
Contributor II
Contributor II

Full Load Completed Email Notification Issue

I have setup a Full Load Completed notification rule and it works fine for when we do a full reload of the entire task.  However, when just reloading individual tables in the task - no email generates.  Is this by design?  We would like it to notify anytime a full load completes on the table-level and the task level.

zacker20_0-1715001072550.png

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi @zacker20 

I assume that there is no notification per table level when a reload is completed.

Only for a full load which equals all the tables in the task.

But let's wait for more comments maybe another person can shed more light here.

An alternative is to maybe use the QEM api to get the table status and check the state of it and then send an email about it programmatically.

Best Regards

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @zacker20 ,

I'm not sure which Replicate version you are running now, Qlik Replicate 2023.11.0.468 (2023.11 SP03) supports the table-level full load completes notification. I managed it to work for me as below steps:

1. Run As Administrator with "Qlik Replicate Command Line"

2. Export the task JSON by below command

repctl exportrepository task=Ora-to-SQL include_server_settings=true

where "Ora-to-SQL" is task name.

3. Edit the JSON

"name": "FL-complete",
"trigger_type": "TABLE_LOAD_END_TRIGGER",
"on_condition": "1",

where "FL-complete" is the notification name. Please change the trigger_type value from "LOAD_END_TRIGGER" to "TABLE_LOAD_END_TRIGGER".

4. Import back the task JSON

repctl importrepository json_file=Ora-to-SQL

5. Modify the Email Message body template by adding additional variables eg table owner and table name:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
!!! {{TABLE_OWNER}}.{{TABLE_NAME}} DONE!!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Save the notification

6. Close/re-Open the task, then startup task again (at 10:32 PM). After the full load done, got 3 emails.

7. RELOAD an individual table manually (at 10:35 PM), then got 1 more email looks like below:

john_wang_0-1715007469022.png

john_wang_1-1715007485254.png

john_wang_3-1715007740298.png

Hope this helps.

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
zacker20
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

So, we have to do this for every task we have?  We have hundreds and hundreds of task.  The Notification settings in the console where I can apply this to all tasks does not work? 

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @zacker20 ,

In my sample the notification is associated with "Selected Tasks" (task name is "Ora-to-SQL"). So far in JSON we see the line (in yellow):

john_wang_0-1715043458841.png

We may associated with "All tasks" (In GUI), in JSON the above yellow line is removed. As a result, once the definition takes effect, it applies to all tasks.

john_wang_1-1715043618389.png

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!