Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michelabarsottini
Partner - Contributor III

Qlik Compose Error Mart not adjusting to new fields

Hello experts,

I have an unexpected behaviour in Qlik Compose.

I have a view as source for my mapping and the mapping has Data Validation Rules.

I have added one field to the view and I was expecting the Error Mart to be adjusted as well, but it did not happen.

I have manually added the new field to the Error Mart table and the generated script now "sees" the new field and it is loaded correctly, but I wonder if there is a less manual way to handle this.

Thank you in advance,

Michela

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Nanda_Ravindra
Support
Support

@michelabarsottini  I tested this in the latest version as well and I see the same behavior. The only to get that new column added was by using the 'Dop and recreate table' option from the DWH pane. Just like you thought  I was expecting the new field to be added in the Data mart error table as well since the new field value made it to the DWH table. I am not sure if this is by design or an issue with the Compose. I'll check with our internal team and let you know their feedback.

Thanks,

Nanda

View solution in original post

Nanda_Ravindra
Support
Support

@michelabarsottini After discussing this with our internal team it looks like it's a limitation in the product or might be an enhancement. So it's best that you open a case with support so the team can triage this correctly.

Thanks,

Nanda

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @michelabarsottini 

What is the full version number of Compose you are using? Perhaps this was changed in a later version.

Thanks,

Dana

michelabarsottini
Author

Hi Dana,

the Compose version is May 2022 (2022.5.0.140).

Thank you,

Michela

Nanda_Ravindra
Support
Support

@michelabarsottini  I tested this in the latest version as well and I see the same behavior. The only to get that new column added was by using the 'Dop and recreate table' option from the DWH pane. Just like you thought  I was expecting the new field to be added in the Data mart error table as well since the new field value made it to the DWH table. I am not sure if this is by design or an issue with the Compose. I'll check with our internal team and let you know their feedback.

Thanks,

Nanda

Nanda_Ravindra
Support
Support

@michelabarsottini After discussing this with our internal team it looks like it's a limitation in the product or might be an enhancement. So it's best that you open a case with support so the team can triage this correctly.

Thanks,

Nanda

michelabarsottini
Author

Hi Nanda,

thank you for checking. I will open a case today.

Thank you,

Michela

Adam_Herman
Support
Support

Hi @michelabarsottini 

I have got your case and it's in progress. 

Will keep you updated there 🙂 

Regards,

Adam