Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fhana
Contributor II
Contributor II

ServiceNow data connection issue

Hi

I'm trying to connect ServiceNow data in Qlik cloud,
I was able to connect to ServiceNow instance I see tables but when I click on any of them to see details and pick columns there is nothing but a spinning circle and an error about Qlik Sense error.

Labels (2)
5 Replies
David_Friend
Support
Support

@fhana does the account have the permissions to access/view the tables?  Are there any logs in ServiceNow showing errors?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Make sure the engine service is port opened from QS to service now URL. And, sometimes the data you preview using your personal account but in many scenarios we need our service account to be access to the service now instance/api. I have recently experience and the same has done with service account privileges to the table. 

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
fhana
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

We checked the privileges and created service account with admin rights, but we still see the same issue.
we see we are connected, we see the data is being pulled ( attached ) but the the same error occurs with connection to Sense.
Can this be any of the settings like time out or max string length ?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Both screenshots from ServiceNow, Can we know the error what it shows in Qlik and is there any logs what it is pointing in driver logs? 

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
fhana
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hey, I opened a support case.
We've found that the data is being pulled in batches from ServiceNow and then stops with the error as in description of this topic.

I used Load editor and saw more detailed issue, dome tables are possible to sync and others are not ... seems like it is a problem with the way the connector parses data - and some escape characters are disrupting the sync for some tables like taks.

when I'll have more info I'll share