Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nuko
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

ODBC connection gives error.

Hello,

I've recently setup a Date Gateway server up (Direct Access on Windows Server) during a migration from Qlik Sense On-Prem to Qlik Cloud.

On-Prem, we used the 'OLE DB' connector which is not available on Qlik Cloud. Instead I'm using the ODBC connector in Qlik Cloud.

The connection string from the On-Prem connector shows the provider to be 'Provider=SQLOLEDB;'

Creating a new ODBC connection in Qlik Cloud with the 'ODBC driver' chosen in the 'Database properties':

I'm able to get configure the connector in Qlik Cloud such that it will say that the connection is succeeded.
Picture 1Picture 1Picture 2Picture 2

When trying to use the connector (opening it from the Data Sources pane in the Load Editor) I get an error saying:

QlikCloud_ODBC3.png"Command collection returned non-success: The given key 'DatabaseTerm' was not present in the dictionary."

Creating a new ODBC connection in Qlik Cloud with the 'System DSN' chosen in the 'Database properties':

I've also tried with 'System DSN' but I still get the same error.

I followed the guide below:
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/ODBC_Connector_help/Content/Connectors_ODBC/OD...

In the program 'ODBC Data Sources' used in the guide above, I used the driver 'SQL Server' (see picture)

Picture 4Picture 4

Again, I'm able to get a succeeded test in 'ODBC Data Sources':

QlikCloud_ODBC5.png\

QlikCloud_ODBC6.png

'Test connection' succeeds, but I get the same error when I try to open the data connector from the side panel.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @nuko 

This error happens when the database value is not set in the connection. For example, see below:

In addition to this, make sure that you are using the correct connection string AND ensure that you are using 64 bit ODBC and system dns (not user).

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @nuko 

This error happens when the database value is not set in the connection. For example, see below:

In addition to this, make sure that you are using the correct connection string AND ensure that you are using 64 bit ODBC and system dns (not user).

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!