Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rdpmelo
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Problem with blob storage connection

Hello,

I did an automation with dropbox, using list files, copy, etc, and it was working well. But I had to change dropbox to Blob storage, so I changed the boxes, but it doesn't work. Not even just the list files block. When I put the block list containers, It works, and return the only existing container correctly. I am thinking the problem is in the path, but I have tried this argument in so many ways, without success. The script just run for 7 minutes and ends with the message "Execution has failed".

The Blob storage just have 1 container and 1 file in this container.

rdpmelo_0-1678358382681.png

Do somebody know something that I can do to fix that?

Thank you!

Roger Melo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rdpmelo
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Just one update:

I could solve the problem. The problem was the role in the Blob side. It's not enough to be "Owner",  it's necessary the “Storage Blob Data Contributer” and “Storage Blob Data Owner” role associated to the user.

Thank you all.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @rdpmelo 

I think you have already raised salesforce case with this issue: 00074524.

The "Execution has failed" error usually occurs when the automation runs out of memory.

You can find more details regarding Out of Memory issue's here: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/How-to-deal-with-Out-of-Memory-errors-in-an-...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_QlikAutomation/introduction/...

Also looking into Splunk logs we see the automation run has hit the memory limit

splunk-error-execution-has-failed.png

Thanks

AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @rdpmelo 

Could you please remove the "List Files" block that is placed within the loop of the "List Containers" block and add it after the "List Containers" block?

See if that works

Thanks

AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @rdpmelo 

Are you sure that Azure Blob Storage has only one container and one file in it?

We don't have a working test account to test these blocks

Thanks

rdpmelo
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi @AfeefaTk ,

Thanks for the quick response.

I removed the list files from the "List Containers" block in the loop and placed it after it, but the same error keeps.

rdpmelo_0-1678363091592.png

rdpmelo_1-1678363135229.png

BR,

Roger Melo

rdpmelo
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Yes, I'm sure. When I run just the list container block, returns just 1 container:

rdpmelo_0-1678363381739.png

And at Blob have just this file:

rdpmelo_1-1678363577323.png

Thank you,

Roger Melo

rdpmelo
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Just one update:

I could solve the problem. The problem was the role in the Blob side. It's not enough to be "Owner",  it's necessary the “Storage Blob Data Contributer” and “Storage Blob Data Owner” role associated to the user.

Thank you all.