Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GyoungWon_ppom
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Under what conditions is the Qlik Sense installation host name specified?

During Qlik Sense installation, you are prompted to specify the hostname of your computer.

GyoungWon_ppom_0-1705020720011.png

When installing Qlik Sense enterprise on Windows on a single node on a customer server, you will see a different hostname than the hostname of the installation server (for example, 000.com).

Myserver hostname -> Qlik_Sense
displayed hostname -> 000.com

So how does Qlik Sense recognize hostnames?

Labels (1)
6 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

@GyoungWon_ppom Computer hostname always treat where you are installing from node (It is default 000.com)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
GyoungWon_ppom
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

@Anil_Babu_Samineni  

On the test server, the host name of the server was displayed correctly.

However, on the customer's server, the host name was 'Qlik_Sense', but the host name displayed during installation was '0000companyname.com'.

Does this also indicate the installation location in Node?
Anil_Babu_Samineni

@GyoungWon_ppom Your understanding is correct.

Does this also indicate the installation location in Node?
Yes, because the server's name should be given as normal hostname and not alias name or FQDN name.
Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Xabinav
Creator
Creator

Hi, I found this issue and I have a similar problem.
after installation (Qlik server February 24)  I cannot reached the QMC or HUB and noticed that the host name that present in certificate (mmc) does not match the computer name.

Does the computer name have to be the same as the certification? , That's why I can't get into QMC or HUB ? 
How Can I fix it ?

*** All services up 

adimiz123_0-1715263262579.png

Thanks ? 

joshsiddle8
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello, I've come across an issue, and it seems I'm facing a similar problem. After installing Qlik Server on February 24th, I'm unable to access the QMC or HUB. I noticed that the hostname in the certificate (mmc) doesn't match the computer name. Does the computer name need to match the certification? That might be the reason I can't access it.

Xabinav
Creator
Creator

Please let me know if you were able to solve it, 

Thanks