cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bamba
Contributor
Contributor

Point Layer on map not showing some cities

I need help showing some cities on point layer on Qlik Sense Map. I have four cities four different countries. The area layer of my map is the country layer and  the point layer is the city layer. City layer only shows  Cambridge, England and Rome, Italy. It ignores Cambridge, US and Rome, US. Attached is how my map looks like. Suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated. Thanks

CITY                         COUNTRY          COUNTRY CODE 

Cambridge             US                          US

Cambridge           England                GB

Rome                      US                           US

Rome                      Italy                         IT

Bamba_0-1634929039370.png

3 Replies
Gui_Approbato
Creator III
Creator III

Use United Kingdom instead of England, and when the country is US add the State detail.

I used the INLINE below and it worked (see attached file):

Load *
If(
COUNTRY='US', CITY&','&State&', US' ,
CITY&','&COUNTRY) as Point

Inline [
CITY ; COUNTRY ; COUNTRY CODE ; State
Cambridge ; US ; US ; Massachusetts
Cambridge ; United Kingdom ; GB ;
Rome ; US ; US ; Georgia
Rome ; Italy ; IT ;
]( delimiter is ';');

Bamba
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you Gui. Your solution solved my immediate need but I do not see inline load as a good solution if  have a large or dynamic data set. Is there another way? What if I need the size bubbles on the point layer to reflect density?

Bamba
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi , your solution solved my immediate problem but raised another. What if I want the point layer to show density. That is, I want the size of the  bubbles to reflect density. Is there a way to do this without inline load? What if I have a large data set ? Below is how the data looks like 

CITY                         COUNTRY          COUNTRY CODE    DENSITY

Cambridge             US                          US                            600

Cambridge           England                GB                            1000

Rome                      US                           US                            300

Rome                      Italy                         IT                             100