cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hytown2000
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Near real time dashboard possible?

I need to create a dashboard to be refreshed near real time, let's say every 5 minutes, is it possible in Qlik Sense? Data is only pulled for today, so volume will not be big. I know there is a way to do it in QlikView and there are plenty of discussions before in the community.

A few questions I have in my mind,

1. Is it ok to refresh if the document is opened by users?

2. Will users see the updated data after the refresh is done?

I am also thinking of using Direct Query, but the response does not look good, the underlying database is Oracle.

13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry Kancharia, perhaps I should have been clearer, you don't need to refresh the browser with Qlik Sense. With QlikView you have a few options as to how you want the refresh to occur. I answered in this was as the OPs question was regarding Qlik Sense. To address your other points:

1. The method I've suggested results in a continuous refresh, I've tested it with loads that take 1 sec or less and it is effective, so I'm not sure what you are asking. It is simple to slow this to a 5 minute refresh as per the OPs requirement.

2. I totally agree, if the user is attempting to complete some form of analysis and the numbers keep changing it would be impossible! There are use-cases however where continuous refresh is desirable and one such use-case was the scenario I was testing for. In most use-cases however I expect that having the data appear static for a period would be preferable such that users can perform useful analysis, as in the OPs question.

I hope you understand the basic definitions of real-time and near real-time. Qlik Sense and in fact any system that needs to query data in batch form, can not by definition be "real-time". Unfortunately the term is greatly misused and misunderstood.

It's a shame you were offended by my correction of what you said. I think it was important to correct what you said as misinformation such as was implied by your comment leads to confusion and will only harm the users of community. By your own admission "I have tried with Qlikview not Qliksens " whereas my testing was with Qlik Sense Enterprise.

Not applicable

Hi Rod,

Thanks for your inputs and as I mention my earlier post and have given my own thoughts..

Thank you...

gaurav2017
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Can you please share the same process as a document with screenshot for QlikView and Qlik Sense.

Though, Qlik Sense is much more preffered.

I am facing similar case where Customer wants to have 2 types of dashboards:

1. Historical data for Analysis (Previous day data is acceptable)

2. Monitoring dashboards (Realtime)

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav Malhotra

mepa8011
Contributor III
Contributor III

then, qliksense only work in "real-time" throught a task in QMC