Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
btaccent
Contributor III
Contributor III

License renewal of Qliksense Enterprise Client(signed licence key)

Hi There,

We have received Signed license key to renew our Qliksense Server. The help document or below video shows to simply paste the signed license string in QMC and click apply. But like Qlikview server, don't we need to take a backup of license files from windows ProgramData folder, if yes can anyone share a link that tells the files to take backup for Qliksense ? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGCfSKAqowo

Please suggest

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nick_Asilo
Support
Support

An SLK license for an offline deployment will include the tag OFFLINE;YES;;
This is described in the article Long term offline use for Qlik Sense and QlikView Signed Licenses

The article Signed license key SLK not updating the correct amount of licenses or attributes in the Management C... includes a link and instructions for checking the attributes of an SLK

license.qlikcloud.com is the Qlik license backend that Qlik Sense contacts for synching the SLK, access to this site is required for an SLK license which does not have the offline tag. The License Service does have some fault tolerance but if it can not reach the license backend for 5 consecutive days users will lose access to Qlik Sense, see the article You cannot access Qlik Sense because you have no access pass.

So if you have an offline license then apply the procedure from the Offline article.
If it is not an offline license and your previous license was not an offline license either then you will have access to the license backend and you can follow the procedure from the Not Updating article.

I hope this helps provide clarity.

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Nick_Asilo
Support
Support

No, it is not needed to take a backup to apply the SLK to a Qlik Sense deployment.
If yours is an offline environment with an offline license there are some additional steps as outlined here.

Though if you did want to back up the site beforehand as a safety measure that is not a bad thing to do and you review the process here.

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
btaccent
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the quick response.

The email received from Qlik has Licence key and SLK. I have checked the existing licence in Qlik QMC and the licence number matches, but the SLK is different. I hope I need to paste the new SLK by replacing the existing one and click on Apply, as shown in the Video. Am i right?

Nick_Asilo
Support
Support

Was the previous license an SLK or a LEF & control number?
Was the previous or the new license an offline license?

If a LEF then yes apply the SLK.
If either is an offline license then go through the steps in the link I provided previously.

If it was already an SLK had your deployment had access to license.qlikcloud.com, then double check and see if the license has not been updated already as part of the regular synch with the license backend.
If it has not been updated automatically after 24 hours, then review the following article.

btaccent
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Nick.

We have both Qlikview and Qliksense servers and also Qlik nprinting. Qlikview has LEF and Qliksense and Qlik nprinting has SLK. Not sure how to find if the licence we have is offline or online. May I know how to check this?
We use on-premises servers.

I don't think we have access to license.qlikcloud.com, our qlik qmc and hub are on-premises sites. So i hope i need to manually manually copy it by overwriting the existing one and click apply for for Qliksense and qlik nprinting.

Please suggest.

Nick_Asilo
Support
Support

An SLK license for an offline deployment will include the tag OFFLINE;YES;;
This is described in the article Long term offline use for Qlik Sense and QlikView Signed Licenses

The article Signed license key SLK not updating the correct amount of licenses or attributes in the Management C... includes a link and instructions for checking the attributes of an SLK

license.qlikcloud.com is the Qlik license backend that Qlik Sense contacts for synching the SLK, access to this site is required for an SLK license which does not have the offline tag. The License Service does have some fault tolerance but if it can not reach the license backend for 5 consecutive days users will lose access to Qlik Sense, see the article You cannot access Qlik Sense because you have no access pass.

So if you have an offline license then apply the procedure from the Offline article.
If it is not an offline license and your previous license was not an offline license either then you will have access to the license backend and you can follow the procedure from the Not Updating article.

I hope this helps provide clarity.

btaccent
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your help.