p0cket0m
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to style straight table border color in Qlik Sense Cloud

I've tried to edit the  theme.css file and added this

.qv-st table {
border: 1px solid #666666 !important;
}

zipped the theme and uploaded it in the SaaS QMC.

but it has no effect on the straight table. The borders are still barely visible...

p0cket0m_0-1693605419228.png

How can I change the cell's border color to a darker color?

Labels (2)
11 Replies
deepanshuSh
Creator III
Creator III

Hi, 

If you want something like this, then you gotta find the correct division/class for the object. In your above instance you need to change the values for the cells data, so basically you need to apply the properties to the data cell class of the object. 

.qv-st-data-cell {

border-color: black!important;

Trial and error is the key to get unexpected results.
p0cket0m
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi DeepanshuSh,

Thanks for your reply. I tried 

p0cket0m
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks @deepanshuSh, I tried again, now its working. How can I find the correct class/division? Is there a list somewhere?

deepanshuSh
Creator III
Creator III

There is no such list, you can try to youtube or google it how to find the parent class of CSS element using inspect element. Maybe, I will try to create a tutorial of a kind over the weekend if time permits.

p0cket0m
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@deepanshuSh  I tried to find out with google, but the usual inspect functionality from Chrome isn't working.

I posted this as a general question here: https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/How-to-find-out-CSS-classes-for-designing-themes/m-p...

A short tutorial would be highly appreciated, I found several other posts here people asking for this.

p0cket0m
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Here is my final solution for straight table CSS with alternating row colors (sort function is working too!) and a nice hover effect on the rows.

p0cket0m_2-1694519620120.png

/* format straight tables */
.qv-st-header-cell {
    border: 1px solid #999999 !important;
    background: #e6e6e6 !important;
}
.qv-st-header-cell-search:hover {
    background: #a7b8cc !important;
}
.qv-st tr:hover {
    background: #a7b8cc !important;
}
.qv-st-data-cell {
}
.qv-st-data-row {
    background-color: #f6f6f6;
}
.qv-st-data-row tr:nth-child(odd){
    background-color: #f6f6f6 !important;
}
.qv-st-total-cell {
    background-color: #e6e6eb !important;
}

/* format pivot tables */
.qv-pt .cell {
}

now I want the same look on pivot tables...

deepanshuSh
Creator III
Creator III

Sure, will try to find some time and create a user friendly tutorial for everyone. A basic understanding on how to use CSS can be taken from my channel on which I recently started with some basic tutorials. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTXsf7RJpMkdsPUlbJuVQYA

Will post out the new tutorial on how to find out class and some more cool effects using CSS by the weekend.

deepanshuSh
Creator III
Creator III

Good work, for most of the changes that you made you don't need the CSS, it is part of basic functionality of tables and pivot tables, by using custom coloring and styling options on presentation tab. 

p0cket0m
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@deepanshuSh  That would be great! I'm aware of including CSS indivually to sheets using object ID. But what we are looking for are the dafault classes we can use in our theme. Thats why I modified the straight tables via the global theme.css file, is that it saves a lot of work if its done once globally. So our designer dont need to think about it every time, just add a table and fill it with  data. And every table looks the same now everywhere.