Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Siddhesh
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to Connect to SharePoint using Qlik REST connector to GET data from SharePoint?

Hi,

I am trying to connect to sharepoint without using Qlik sense web connectors, I am using the REST connector to connect to sharepoint. When authenticating using windows NTLM and press the test connection button it gives an error "HTTP Protocol error 403(Forbidden): The server refuses to fulfill the requirement ". I have tried all the other authentication schemes but no luck.

I can't use qlik web connectors in my project, so I have to stick to the REST connector in the create new connection.

@Ruggero_Piccoli  

Labels (1)
6 Replies
PedroNetto
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi @Siddhesh !

Use this connector:

PedroNetto_0-1676556156583.png

marcus_sommer

It depends on the web-site if they provide a REST API or not (and I doubt that the SharePoint enables one because it would be against the business-logic of MS - means it's not a technically matter else intended),

Siddhesh
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @PedroNetto ,

I can't use the Qlik Web Connectors because in my application I want to fetch the file's data using Qlik REST connector. If you have a solution without using web connector that would be good. 

marcus_sommer

Why not the web-connectors?

Siddhesh
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi, 

I don't have access to it. I only want to use REST Connector 

marcus_sommer

That you have no access to a web-connector doesn't mean that you couldn't get this access. It would be probably the easiest way to grab the data.

Like above already hinted I doubt that there is a way to fetch the data per REST connector. If the web-connector is really not usable you will need to look for other ways. An alternatively might be to access respectively synchronize the SharePoint with Onedrive and then synchronizing Onedrive within a local storage. Beside this you may consider to bypass the entire cloud-stuff ...