Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
preeti1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Grouping Alternative Dimensions

preeti1_0-1713559771081.png

I wanted a dropdown in my graphs hence created Master Items Dimensions - Drill and created the attached visual. However I want to group my alternative dimensions. I have 4 dimensions in X Axis. and Y axis I have the count.

I want the 1st dropdown with values - Current Month, Current Quarter

I want the 2nd dropdown with values - Action Label, Type.

Is there any way this can be acheived.

Labels (6)
4 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Create each dimension with master item...and label it...

Then create a alternate states and assign to your lables it will allow to toggle....just give a try ( not tested from my side it's just a idea)

Best

Chanty4u..

preeti1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for your response. I have created 2 dimensions and labelled it as - Quarter/Month, Type/Action.

But when I created the graph I did not use the dimension as it gives the common label. I used individual dimesion. 

"Then create a alternate states and assign to your lables it will allow to toggle.' - could you please explain this part.

Thanks

Preeti

ericatrotter
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi Preeti1, 

You'll want to create 2 drill down master dimensions: 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2024/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Dimensions/create-dr....

Then place them both into your visual - 1 as the default view and the other as the alternative.

preeti1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for your response @Erica. However when I add the dimensions in the graph it gives a drill down option. I'm looking for more like a toggle button where in can show different views.