Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Korto2024
Contributor III
Contributor III

Generate .meta and .shared

Hi every one ,

i developped a qlikview file .qvw in the server  and i want to share  to be visible for users , it  how i can do it ,

Thanks 

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

@Korto2024 Please check here: Documents, Data, and Tasks | QlikView Help

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

@Korto2024 Please check here: Documents, Data, and Tasks | QlikView Help

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

meta and shared will be created by server when you place the document in the right location and users have a named CAL or a document CAL for accessing this QVW. 

Korto2024
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

hi and thanks for the answer,

me must use aces point to do it?

thanks

jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Correct it is the Accesspoint which is taking care of this

Korto2024
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi , 

I used the acces point to get the two generated file .meta .shared, but only .shared that was created , and the original .qwd is not visibile  for the user (admin from the web), i think that .meta must be created , how to generate it

Thanks

jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

you have to give document CAL (license) or a named License to the user, than the document should be available.

Korto2024
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi ,

the two file .meta and .shared are created  for the developped file , but when we launch from the web , the file is not visible for all users (the same for the administrator), what mistakes

jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Maybe there are just simple Windows NTFS rights on the folder/file which are limiting the users to see the document?? please check with IT department?