Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mfrancke
Contributor
Contributor

Filter in Formel Editor abbilden

Hallo Zusammen,
ich bin recht unerfahren in der Nutzung von Qlik und würde mich sehr freuen, wenn mir jemand einen Tipp geben könnte.

Ich müsste einen Filter definieren der aus einer Auswahl von Werten einer vorhandenen Tabelle besteht. Die Tabelle hat über 3000 Einträge aus der man mehrere Hundert Werte auswählen müsste, um mit diesen Werten bestehende Arbeitsblätter zu filtern. Die Auswahl aus dem Drop-Down Menü ist mühsam und fehleranfällig, weshalb ich einen Weg suche den Filter mit dem Formeleditor abzubilden. Die Filterwerte würden in Textform vorliegen.

Gibt es eine Funktion mit der man das Arbeitsblatt wie gewünscht filtern kann? Bestenfalls würde ich diesem Filter gerne einen Namen geben und ihn als Drop-Down Auswahl zu Verfügung stellen. Könnte mir aber auch mit entsprechenden Lesezeichen behelfen.

Vielen Dank im Voraus für Eure Hilfe.

Labels (1)
8 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Not sure how your data looks like, Perhaps you can combine all common values into one by flagging and select it.

Secondly, you can perhaps create a bookmark (like you mentioned) and use that as default bookmark which selects default for all 30 values. 

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
mfrancke
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you for your reply. The problem is that the table with the values which i want to use as a filter, contains over 3000 values. I have to built different filter using only about 300 hundred of them. So i have to select every single entry in the list to combine them. I thought that it might be possible to type them in the editor as a string, so that works as a filter on the workspace. Using a bookmarks also requires a manual selection of the values.

marcus_sommer

For me it sounds more like a missing categorizing of the data which would be a rather simple task in the data-model by adding an appropriate dimension-table and/or mapping the categories against the data.

Defining hundreds of values within expressions and/or calculated dimensions as well as selecting and assigning them within bookmarks is not a technically problem but IMO not expedient.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

If all 300 values are static always, You can still flag them and allow users to select it with some instruction. 

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
mfrancke
Contributor
Contributor
Author

It's about modelling teams (which are static most of the time). The teams are responsible for specific customers (in our case specifically departments of a clinic) that are identified by their abbreviation. So there are about 3800 departments and about 10 teams. Each team is responsible for a combination of around 300 departments.
To make the whole thing a little more complicated, we would actually have to link two combinations with an OR query.
Team A is responsible for all departments whose department abbreviation begins with M2TROP OR whose name contains the term Trop*. The abbreviation and the name are two fields that are independent of each other. They must therefore be linked with OR. The user should only be able to select the Team, but should not change the combination of departments. 

marcus_sommer

In addition to the above - just give each team an Excel and they define there the needed codes + hierarchies and then loading them together as dimension-table.

mfrancke
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I have already selected the values from the Abbreviation and Name tables. At the moment I am still missing the possibility to create new dimensions.
However, I am wondering whether it is possible to link the dimensions to an OR query.

marcus_sommer

I'm not sure if I understand the requirements right behind the mentioned OR respectively the connection against values with wildcards, like: Trop*

If there is no overlapping between the hierarchically matching else it's just a missing resolving of the wildcards I would simply resolve them. Here some hints:

t: load distinct Code, 'Trop*' as CodePart  from X where Code like 'Trop*';

On it you may count the Code and merging it together per mapping to the dimension-sub-table and while-loop creates the records or you used a join-approach or ...

If there is further really any overlapping you may also implement any kind of The As-Of Table - Qlik Community - 1466130.