Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qliknewbie_1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Error in expression

Hi,

I'm very new to qlik sense, having worked with PowerBI for the last few years. I have inherited som reports and noticed a few of them are returning 0. After a closer look i find error in the expression, but not sure what is causing it.

Another very similar expression works just fine, the only exception being filtering on year and not YearMonth.

qliknewbie_1_0-1655988459704.png

The only difference I can find from my other expression that works (wich is on YearMonth) is that the "Reiseår" is not in orange. Although as far as I can tell, both are columns in my dataset.

The error message at the bottom shows the following:

qliknewbie_1_0-1655991785751.png

Anyone knows what's wrong here?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Your expression contains two variables. Reiseår and the last variable are passed as parameters into the first variable. Unless you have an older version of Qlik Sense you should be able to see how the variables are resolved (dollar expanded) at the bottom of the Expression Editor. We can't see the definition of these variables. Perhaps you can look those up in the variable editor and post them here as well. Hopefully they're not nested 6 levels deep.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
qliknewbie_1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks!
I've added another screenshot now to my original post. Hope that makes it more clear what's causing the error..

marcus_sommer

The variable-parameter Reiseår comes as string-values 'Reiseår' within the left-side part of a set analysis condition - but there are only (native) fields allowed.

This means it needs to evaluated as "Reiseår" or [Reiseår] - whereby in regard to your screenshots you couldn't add the double-quotes / square brackets within the variable-call else it would need to be addressed within the variable-creation statement.

- Marcus