Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheresaB_4
Contributor III
Contributor III

Concat a number based on grouped by distinct invoices.

Good morning,

I need some help with this expression.

My table has unique Invoice numbers, I join it with another table to get meteringpoints.

I add all this with customer information in a table format in Qlik.

I need to show in one line, one invoice , with many meteringpointnumbers. To be able to do this I use ''concat'' the meteringpointnumbers. But it seems not to be working.

Am I doing something wrong?

Code:
Concat(Distinct MeteringPointnumber, ', ')

Thanks

Theresa

Labels (3)
3 Replies
steeefan
Luminary
Luminary

It's impossible to say what might be the reason for this not working corretly without knowing your data or data model. Could you provide more insight?

The expression you are using is correct: CONCAT(DISTINCT MeteringPointnumber, ', '). Is the field name correct in name and case?

TheresaB_4
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

My expression is correct, but it seems that I have more than one address for the meteringpointnumber. That is why I thought it was not working. Now to solve it. I only want one meteringpoint with one address.
I thought I could solve it with using a min or max for the address field or maybe pick expression. Any suggestions. I don't want to use concat on the address because it could be more that 1 address.
A view of the data

TheresaB_4_0-1714382472774.png

steeefan
Luminary
Luminary

The expression in the screenshot is different from the one you wrote in your initial post.

How would you decide which address to show? Try using MinString() or MaxString() and see if that already helps. Not sure how useful that is however, given that they would only show the string according to alphabetical order.