Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CK_WAKE
Contributor III
Contributor III

CASE Statement while loading the data from the qvd

Hi There,

I want to apply similar SQL case statement as below in the QVD while loading the data. Please guide me. Thanks.

CASE
WHEN RAISED_DATE < TO_DATE('30-06-2016', 'DD-MM-YYYY') THEN TO_DATE('01-07-2016', 'DD-MM-YYYY')
ELSE RAISED_DATE

END AS RAISED_DATE_MIN

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Try this if you want as field name

if( raised_date < date('30-06-2016' ), date( 01-07-2016),  raised_date)  as RAISED_DATE_MIN

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Perhaps this?

Load * From <<Table>> 
Where RAISED_DATE > Date('30-06-2016', 'DD-MM-YYYY') and RAISED_DATE <=Date('01-07-2016', 'DD-MM-YYYY');

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
CK_WAKE
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Anil, Thanks for getting back.
I dont want to apply a data filter,  what i want to achieve is

if raised_date < less than '30-06-2016' , then input the date as 01-07-2016 otherwise keep the date of raised_date, and I am creating a new column as RAISED_DATE_MIN for this condition.  Let me know if i am not clear about this.

RAISED_DATE < TO_DATE('30-06-2016', 'DD-MM-YYYY') THEN TO_DATE('01-07-2016', 'DD-MM-YYYY')
ELSE RAISED_DATE

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Try this if you want as field name

if( raised_date < date('30-06-2016' ), date( 01-07-2016),  raised_date)  as RAISED_DATE_MIN

CK_WAKE
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Anil, it worked. Cheers