Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spring101
Contributor III
Contributor III

Access Passes Scenario Confirmation - 11/10 Tokens Used

Greetings!

Would someone be able to confirm that this scenario is working as expected? I have a login access rule set up to allocate access passes to an active directory group. There are eleven users in this active directory group. Users 1 through 10 access QlikSense fine multiple times under 60 minutes at a time for a few days. User 11 then attempts to access QlikSense. He receives the error message as expected:  "You cannot access Qlik Sense because you have no access pass." I would expect this.

Next, users 1 through 10 attempt to access QlikSense once more. These users all receive the same error message. Is this expected? Is this token now supposed to be unavailable for all eleven users for 28 days? Is the best option then to delete the rule and have the token quarantined for 7 days?

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
  • QMC

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

My understanding is that it works correctly - after your ten tokens have been used (by one user or by ten different users), no other access will be possible using these tokens for 28 days.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

According to Qlik Help, "Used login access passes are not released until 28 days after last use."

It sounds like you're looking for something more along the lines of user-based access passes, perhaps?

spring101
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for your reply! I agree with your assessment, but I'm trying to find the best balance between the two pass types. For instance, if there is a stream that is not used highly perhaps I would assign 5 users to the Active Directory group for the above scenario. This would potentially create a buffer for their month of work.

I'm more interested if the above scenario is working correctly or if I'm running into an issue.

Thanks!

Or
MVP
MVP

My understanding is that it works correctly - after your ten tokens have been used (by one user or by ten different users), no other access will be possible using these tokens for 28 days.