Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nourrahmcnean
Contributor III
Contributor III

29 february data appears after march data in the graph

Hi Everyone,

The bar plot below visualizes sales per day correctly except for the two months february (Fèvr) and March (Mars). The data in the bar plot for 29 February appears the last after March data.

the expression in the dimension is

date([Calendar date], 'DD-MMM')   &'
   '& WeekDay([Calendar date] )

Nourrahmcnean_2-1711457614311.png

But, 29 February february data appears normally if I set [Calendar date] as dimension

Nourrahmcnean_3-1711457843690.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I wouldn't create such calculated dimension else using appropriate created fields from the master-calendar and there such field would look like:

dual(date([Calendar date], 'DD-MM WWW'), [Calendar date]) as DateWithWeekday

Beside this I suggest to shorten the lengths of the field-values - at least for the use in such charts because in this way it's quite hard to track which bar belonged to which date - maybe just using DD/MM and a possible year-switch and the week-start are highlighted with another bar-color.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

I wouldn't create such calculated dimension else using appropriate created fields from the master-calendar and there such field would look like:

dual(date([Calendar date], 'DD-MM WWW'), [Calendar date]) as DateWithWeekday

Beside this I suggest to shorten the lengths of the field-values - at least for the use in such charts because in this way it's quite hard to track which bar belonged to which date - maybe just using DD/MM and a possible year-switch and the week-start are highlighted with another bar-color.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

When you define a calculated dim in QlikView you have to also set an appropriate Sort value in the Sort pane.  If you use @marcus_sommer suggestion, you can use "numeric" for sort. 

-Rob

Nourrahmcnean
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you! It worked.