cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Crichter141
Contributor III
Contributor III

Public vs. Private Sheets

New to the Cloud so forgive me, I'll do my best on the details.  We have a Shared Space and sheets have been made public.  I own several applications and another developer is helping me spot and fix broken visualizations.

Up until now there's been no issue.  He makes the sheet private, makes the fix and publishes it.  We've recently run into several sheets he can't make private.  I can.  But the point was to split the workload.

Is there any reason a use can make private (in a shared space) some sheets but not others?

Any setting I might have overlooked?  So far our securities match and he hasn't had to own the application.

Thanks in Advance.

Labels (1)
  • Cloud

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lidiane
Employee
Employee

By design, the shared spaces are used to develop apps collaboratively and control access to apps. In Qlik Cloud, you don't necessarily need to be owner of an application to develop or modify it, you just need to have the appropriate access and permissions. You can create new apps directly in a shared space. You can also move apps from your personal space to a shared space so other members can work on them.

Private sheets are used for making changes in the app individually, allowing sensitive or proprietary information to be securely managed. Public sheets, on the other hand, are available to all users who have access to the app, facilitating collaboration and sharing of insights across teams or organizations. This segregation helps maintain data confidentiality while promoting collaboration and knowledge sharing within the appropriate boundaries.

According to the documentation, one of the main benefits of shared spaces is the ability to easily switch content between private and public access. For example, a user could start by developing a sheet privately, then making it public so others can try consuming it, editing it, and adding new content to it. So, if it is not working as expected, there may be a bug in your app. I recommend recreating the app directly in Qlik Cloud.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Lidiane
Employee
Employee

By design, the shared spaces are used to develop apps collaboratively and control access to apps. In Qlik Cloud, you don't necessarily need to be owner of an application to develop or modify it, you just need to have the appropriate access and permissions. You can create new apps directly in a shared space. You can also move apps from your personal space to a shared space so other members can work on them.

Private sheets are used for making changes in the app individually, allowing sensitive or proprietary information to be securely managed. Public sheets, on the other hand, are available to all users who have access to the app, facilitating collaboration and sharing of insights across teams or organizations. This segregation helps maintain data confidentiality while promoting collaboration and knowledge sharing within the appropriate boundaries.

According to the documentation, one of the main benefits of shared spaces is the ability to easily switch content between private and public access. For example, a user could start by developing a sheet privately, then making it public so others can try consuming it, editing it, and adding new content to it. So, if it is not working as expected, there may be a bug in your app. I recommend recreating the app directly in Qlik Cloud.