Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xyz_1011
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Failed to upload QVW

Good Morning,

i am trying to upload some QlikView apps into our tenant, but regardless of the app (small or big), i am always getting a simple "Failed to upload file" error. I checked the events in the QMC, but nothing in there that explains the error. I am the tenant admin and i am able to upload other content (XML, QVF etc) successfully.

Any idea why i am unable to upload QVWs ?

Thanks a lot!

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

No, the license is fine. The expired QVS license doesn't have a role. 
The proxy probably does. Can you try excluding the proxy for a client and attempt the upload again?

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Ray_Strother
Support
Support

Hello,
1.Please confirm that you have a unified license and the configuration has been completed properly.
2. Review the below help site links:

Article links:
1. QlikView apps in Qlik Cloud

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/QlikViewInCloud/using-QV...

Note: QlikView apps are compatible with Qlik Cloud. QlikView users that want to use QlikView apps in a cloud environment must have a unified license. The unified license became available with the April 2019 releases of QlikView and Qlik Sense.

For more information on licensing for QlikView, see Licensing QlikView.

2. Connecting QlikView Server to a Qlik Cloud deployment

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/QlikViewInCloud/QMC_Conn...
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @xyz_1011 , by using the browser's developer tools you should be able to see the error you are receiving as an answer from the API call for the upload: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Save-network-web-traffic-HAR-XML-file-and-co...

It's also important that your cloud license contains the qvNodes tag: authenticate to your tenant, and then go to https://TENANT.REGION.qlikcloud.com/api/v1/licenses/overview .
You should see something like this 

{"name":"qvNodes","valid":"./.","values":{"count":3}}

among the values  (it doesn't have to be "3", what's important is that the value is present and different than 0)

I  hope this helps!

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
xyz_1011
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi @Daniele_Purrone , thanks for your reply. I have checked the console in my browser's dev tools and it gives me the folloring error whenever i try to upload a QVW (no such error when uploading a QVF though...):

xyz_1011_0-1702365122369.png

Also, the license/overview site of our tenant does not contain the section 

{"name":"qvNodes","valid":"./.","values":{"count":3}}

at all. Am i missung something ?

Thanks again for following up on this.

xyz_1011
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hey @Ray_Strother , thanks for your response.

We are not sitting on a valid QV license anymore (cancelled manitanance) - is / can that be a reason for the QVW upload to fail ?

Thanks!

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @xyz_1011 , your license is valid for uploading QlikView files. Do you by any chance go via an internet proxy?

xyz_1011
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hej @Daniele_Purrone , yes, we do. 

The fact that we are sitting on an expired QV license does not cause this problem ?

Thanks!

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

No, the license is fine. The expired QVS license doesn't have a role. 
The proxy probably does. Can you try excluding the proxy for a client and attempt the upload again?

Albert_Candelario

Hello @xyz_1011,

Any update on this one? did you managed to resolve it?

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
xyz_1011
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hey @Daniele_Purrone - the qvNodes tag does not exist on the license overview site of our tenant. Would that be the reason why i am unable to upload a QVW ? And how can i fix it ?

Thanks!