Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

This week I’m kicking off the  holiday season with a gift that gives you new ways to create content and design dashboards in Qlik Analytics, our new layout container object. 

The layout container, part of the Qlik Analytics dashboard bundle, is a new object that enables free layout of charts, the ability to stack visualizations, combine charts into new visualizations,  as well as multi-select and group objects for easier sizing, positioning and alignment. The layout container is a great addition to the many easy to use and powerful capabilities available in Qlik Analytics

Qlik help reference:

SaaS in 60

Tags (2)
26 Comments
mshann01
Contributor III
Contributor III

I don't get why this is designed as a container object.  Why is it not just the sheet properties?  The container options support both the original grid layout and snapping.  The container just makes it significantly more cumbersome to work with.  It seems more like a hack than a product enhancement.  Features seem like they're being rushed out in an attempt to close out ideation requests.

paolo_cordini
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

I don't fully agree with you.

If you want, you can size the container to the whole sheet and that's It.

Or, you can have several containers in a sheet an use them to group several objects and move them together. Or mix the container with standard placed objects. After all, this could be a good solution, we should play with It a little bit more and see...

I don't either think this Is a rush out Feature, I have seen a preliminary version in April at Qlik World Las Vegas....

Chat
Contributor
Contributor

Is this feature available in the enterprise edition? The awaited functionality.

CJ_Bauder
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Definitely some well loved functions and features which will impart much more design flexibility. 

Always remember - simplicity is king in dashboard design, but polish is next in line. Thanks for FYI @Michael_Tarallo !

Noctis
Contributor II
Contributor II

@Michael_Tarallo 

When is this feature available in enterprise qlik?

Or
MVP
MVP

At least at first glance, I'm inclined to agree that this seems like it should just be part of the standard layout, but I also see the uses for having it as an individual object in case you want multiple containers, each with somewhat different settings. That said, without this being part of the standard layout, this is indeed fairly cumbersome to work with, which is unfortunate. Hopefully having these options as part of the standard layout is something Qlik will consider implementing in a future content release, which would give us the best of both worlds...

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

@mshann01 we started with a container, because we can deliver faster and we need a grouping container option anyway. Most likely this interaction is coming to the sheet as well.

@Noctis , @Chat  most likely in the Feb 2024 release.

Thanks,

Patric

mshann01
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thanks @Patric_Nordstrom for the update and sorry for the pessimism.  My team's frustrations with trying to manage our cloud QS environment have been mounting as it proves to be significantly more challenging than how the on-prem administration works.  We continue to see incremental improvements but still struggle with some of the basics.

HKN1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Is this new feature in Enterprise?

When is this feature available in enterprise qlik?

Thanks.

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

No rainbow borders, huh? 😜

Just kidding, this appears to be an awesome addition for those dashboard developers who are missing the pixel-perfect design and the plethora of styling options that we had with QlikView. Great job, folks!

I'll join many other voices, asking for this and other new features to eventually get implemented on  prem. As much as Qlik wants everyone to get onto the cloud, cloud is not for everyone. Many clients will remain on prem, and without seeing any new features there, they will likely migrate to other platforms that would allow them to stay on prem. Just my humble opinion...