Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

"Innovation - distinguishes between a leader and a follower." - Steve Jobs

9627525993_af43154455_n2.jpg

Steve Jobs said it best. Since April, #TeamQlik has been hard at work delivering innovative capabilities in our products and today we get to share it with the world.  I am pleased to announce the general availability of Qlik Sense Enterprise 2.0, Qlik DataMarket and the Qlik Analytics Platform. (applause)

By taking these solutions to market, we continue to meet our commitments to our customers and partners,and STILL challenge the norm by disrupting the business intelligence space. It should be no surprise that Qlik is in a unique position in this saturated BI pool. Between outdated BI stacks, and data visualization tools that don't tell the whole story, Qlik delivers a visual analytics platform that puts insight and data at the point where it adds most value, the point of decision. Our associative data indexing engine empowers users to see the whole story that lives in their data, unlike other, shall I say, tools. And it’s only Qlik that is proven in its ability to deliver true agility for the business user, along with governance, trust and scale for IT. Now enough tooting our horn, let me summarize what's new in Qlik Sense 2.0 by not just telling you but showing you with the power of video. (below videos requires YouTube access)

To learn more about these great innovations and experience them for yourself, download Qlik Sense Desktop for free and visit our New to Qlik Sense Videos page on the Qlik Community forum, where you can learn how to use these new features, create apps, build visualizations and much more.

Enjoy!

Michael Tarallo

Senior Product Marketing Manager

Qlik

Follow me: @mtarallo

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(NOTE: To increase resolution or size of the video, select the YouTube logo in the bottom right of the player. You will be brought directly to YouTube where you can increase the resolution and size of the player window. Look for the 'settings' gears icon in the lower right of the player once at YouTube.)

Qlik Sense 2.0 - What's New in 90 seconds
(Turn your speakers up and get pumped!)

Qlik Sense 2.0 - What's New Presentation (3 min)

Introduction to Qlik DataMarket (90 secs)

Getting Started with Qlik Sense Webinar (50 mins)

Additional How To Videos:

11 Comments
Not applicable

Great !

ruthvikvn
Contributor II
Contributor II

Nice!

samiboyvn
Contributor III
Contributor III

Woa! It's so amazing change for Qlik desktop. But how about Qlik Sense Server mto

Not applicable

I installed 2.0 desktop and tested some of the new functionalities. Looking very promising. Good Intro Michael !

Not applicable

I am trying to install on Windows 7, but it keeps asking for the cd or sense_destkop.msi half way through....

0 Likes
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Phung, you can check out the release notes, http://help.qlik.com/sense/2.0/en-US/online/#WhatsNew/What-is-new-20.htm?Highlight=release but yes there have been many improvements have been made to server, which include all of the highlights we presented. Have fun.

0 Likes
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Lourens,

It seems that your installation package might be corrupted, please do two things - (1) re-download the .exe and make sure the file size is: (screenshot below) and try installing again.

(2) Also, if you continue to have an issue, please post this question / issue here: New to Qlik Sense instead of the comments section of the post.

HTH

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mike

Where do we download the Qlik AnalyticsPlatform ?

Sense is looking awesome

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great contents. Thanks for sharing.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Dave, the Qlik Analytics platform - is actually part of the Qlik Sense Enterprise server. It is enabled with a LEF (License Enabler File) which you can get from our sales team. My understanding (as I ma working on the marketing for these pieces as we speak) - is that you are getting "everything" Qlik Sense - minus the client interface - where the intention is that you use the APIs and open standard development (web or client side) to build you client interfaces as you want along with our charting objects, index engine and all interaction already enabled by default. It is a really neat approach to embedding Qlik Sense into custom applications both desktop, mobile and web. Stay tuned to use as I will have some videos on the topics and the product team with have materials released soon.

Kind Regards,

Mike T

Qlik